𝟐𝟖, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝟑𝟎𝐭𝐡

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝟑𝟎𝐭𝐡𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰:⋆

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝟑𝟎𝐭𝐡
𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰:
⋆.ೃ࿔*:・☼

I sat by the edge of the dimly lit pool as I watched Olivia glide effortlessly through the water; she was elegant as the waves rippled behind her. Now and then she would emerge from the depths of the water to catch her breath, she glanced at me as we shared a look before I quickly averted my eyes.

"Do you still pretend you're in the Olympics?" I randomly questioned, surprising myself.

"Uh no, no I'm more focused on Volleyball." She muttered, It was awkward, like someone you were forced to sit next to at school and you were trying to make conversation.

"How is Volleyball?"

"I quit," She bluntly spoke as she trod water to keep herself afloat.

"Why? I thought you loved Volleyball," It was true, she did love Volleyball, maybe even more than swimming so it made no reason for her to quit.

Her eyes fluttered as she hesitated before finally speaking, "After everything with Anna, I lost my motivation for it," Her voice was soft and laced with regret which hurt my heart, "And my leg kept playing up." She added, that her leg never truly did get better and I felt my teeth grit and the thought that it still troubled her to this day.

"The way you swim, I don't think you would notice if the house was on fire," My voice was filled with rasp yet I scoffed under my breath, "It's like you're somewhere else."

"That's what I like about it," She grinned as she disappeared back under the water; I watched in awe as she glided through the water.

I took that as my queue to leave as I stood up from my spot at the pool and made my way back into the house for the night. My hand glided across the familiar bannister as I hurried up the stairs and into my room.

The bed wasn't made and my room looked very similar to what it did last summer, a weird sense of deja vu coursed down my body. I slumped back on my bed as I switched on the lamp at my bedside table, next to it sat a wooden frame with a photo of Liv and me. Shivers ran down my body at the sight of it, she lay in the bed in her hospital gown as I sat to the side of her. She had a cheesy grin on her face yet I couldn't not look at her pale skin, her bruised arms and most importantly the cast that encased her leg.

I remember it well, she was only gone twenty-six minutes.

We were all laughing and joking around the kitchen, Liv had gone to the shops for the ice cream whilst we all waited. It had been a long day of ballgowns and dancing and we were all quite tired; I didn't want Liv to leave, but she insisted that she would go to get the ice cream. She was always like that, once she had something set in her head you couldn't change her mind, I think that's why I admire her so much because she's so determined.