Mini Story - Time Together

After a long and dramatic rescue mission by the shore, Shadow split up with Rouge as they both went to their own hotel rooms. He was tired, had a headache for the entire day and all he wanted to do was just to relax. He's so tired that he forgot his boyfriend was waiting for him in the room. As soon as he opened the door with his key card, Sonic jumped from the bed and gave him a surprise hug.

"Welcome back!"

Shadow grunted but hugged him back. He still couldn't believe Sonic was there. When the other pulled back from the hug, his ears dropped when he saw his expression and he looked worried at Shadow.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I just have a really tiring day..." Shadow sighed, "I'm just gonna take a bath then head straight to bed."

"Oh...okay." Sonic replied lowly as he watched him go to the bathroom.

The blue hedgehog looked down for a moment before walking to the bed and sat on the edge. He began to contemplate if it really was a bad idea for him to come with Shadow.

A few minutes later, Shadow got out of the bathroom expecting Sonic to watch the TV or something. To his surprise, he saw his boyfriend laying down on his side on the bed, he's facing the other way so he couldn't tell if he was asleep or not.

"Sonic?" He called out and approached the bed.

Sonic's ears perked and he turned around to see Shadow. "Yes?" He replied.

"I thought you're asleep." Shadow sat on the bed.

"Oh- well..." the other sat up and looked away, "I just thought you might appreciate it if I'm more quiet..."

Shadow's eyes widen in shock, "uh- I do, but you seem so energetic when I get back. Where'd all that energy gone to?"

"You look so tired and you look like you really need your sleep, I don't wanna bother you." Sonic mumbled. "I'm sorry that I came here." He suddenly apologized and made Shadow's heart throb in pain.

It just struck him that he shouldn't be so negative around his lover when he was so excited to greet him. He was too tired from work to realize that.

Shadow grabbed his hands and kissed his muzzle, making Sonic to turn his head to look at Shadow in surprise.

"I appreciate that you came here all by yourself to company me, don't apologize." Shadow smiled softly, "I love it when your voice greets me whenever I'm back from a tiring work day, I'm sorry that I haven't spent any time with you lately." He kissed him again.

Sonic's muzzle turned red, he really wasn't expecting that. "Ah- that's- uhm." He stuttered, he didn't know what else to say.

"Do you wanna watch something?"

"But you said you wanna go to sleep?"

"I can stay awake for a movie or two, at least we get to do something together for the night." Shadow took the remote from the nightstand and went under the blanket with Sonic. "What do you say?" He asked while signaling him to come closer.

Sonic wagged his tail in excitement and scoot himself to Shadow's arm as they cuddle. Shadow turned the TV on and let Sonic pick the movie. They stayed up quite late until they both didn't realize that they had fallen asleep.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Yeaa I decided to make a mini story! I know I said I won't make em anymore but meh I can't keep my own words. From now on when I have the sudden urge to make a story I'll label the chapter as mini story.

I hope you enjoyed it!