𝟎𝟗 | don't act like you care

the last chapter;

"what were you thinking bud?" luke finally begins speaking to percy.

"i didn't know she'd be this... just like this" percy hesitates, but refuses to use any positive word.

he wanted to leave this camp.

leave and never see her again.

"come on, she walked out without a single scratch" percy rolled his eyes.

the 9th chapter;

  ҉    ҉  

𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐀 𝐀𝐃𝐀𝐈𝐑 ┆彡

what happened yesterday in the arena spread like wildfire across the whole camp.

everybody knows by now.

i can feel eyes glued on me and hear little whispers wherever i go.

but, isn't this what i've wanted? to finally let people know what i can do?

sure, it was, but i didn't know that i'd need percy, an unexperienced boy, to achieve that.

we didn't talk to each other ever since yesterday's evening.

everyone knows him as the boy who killed the minotaur, which makes me a fair opponent in their eyes.

but in my eyes it was just an unbalanced fight.

but on the other hand, he was the one who chose me to fight against.

"what you thinkin' about, crazy girl?" chris rodriguez, a boy from my cabin, asked.

i looked up from my plate.

it was breakfast and i didn't have a single bite of my food yet because i've done nothing but overthinking the whole situation from yesterday.

"crazy girl?" i repeated his words with narrowed eyebrows, but still an energetic tone.

"yeah, that's what i've heard" he chuckles.

we talked rarely, i had only a few friends who i've kept close throughout all this time, and he wasn't one of them.

why was he suddenly all up for a conversation?

"what do they say?" i ask, because i'm genuinely interested of other people's perspectives.

"you've became the most discussed topic overnight, oh, you and the little boy of yours" he smiles.

"a little boy of mine? okay chri—" i start getting defensive automatically.

"oh i forgot that you guys aren't really, hm, friends" he cuts me off sort of mockingly. "anyway, some kids have been talking about you having the skills to even beat luke" he pauses, waiting for my reaction.

i look on the other side of the table where he sits across from percy while laughing together.

of course he sits with that bimbo.

"oh come on, these are just some crappy theories which aren't true" i shake my head while looking back into my plate.

is luke mad at me? about these conclusions?

this whole percy jackson drama wasn't the only thing on my mind though.

i've had another nightmare, it's normal for demigods to have nightmares, but mine are sort of different.

i often have nightmares, but i have dreams too.

i keep seeing this woman, a very sweet woman, one that i seem to somehow have a bond to.