𝟏𝟎 | fear coursed through him

i had a nightmare today.

i was drowning.

an invisible force was holding me underwater.

luke said that he couldn't wake me up, he said that it looked like i was having a panic attack in my sleep.

he also said that it woke up some of the other campers, which didn't make me feel so good.

after breakfast, i was on the way to my cabin, i didn't talk much throughout the whole time.

since everything was kind of overwhelming, i decided to walk to my cabin alone.

despite the fact that i don't really like being alone.

it makes me think, and i don't like that.

for example, it would drive me crazy if i was alone back in the nursery where i was supposed to look after percy, i needed to talk to somebody because otherwise my thoughts would eat me alive.

and none of my friends were there.

but he was there.

so i talked to percy.

luckily he couldn't hear me, he was unconscious.

i've complained about how i don't like rotting in the nursery with him, but i also told him about some things that i had to get off of my chest.

"meara!"

annabeth's voice immediately brings me back to reality.

"i have the strategy for today's game, i don't think that you'll like it that much, but it's final" she announces.

i didn't even expect anyone else to think of the strategy since she's the daughter of athena.

"if it gets us the flag, then i don't have a problem with it" i nod, her words kind of made me think about how bad is it going to be.

she seemed very serious about this strategy in particular, i've never seen her like this.

"we're about to split up, you're not going to be with luke and the sword fighters, that strategy didn't work out many times, for obvious reasons," i narrowed my eyebrows "you're going to be with me and percy"

"annabeth, listen, that boy hates me, i'm not sure if that's gonna work" i complain.

"just wanted to give you a heads up" she nodded as a goodbye before walking away.

i tilted my head at her cold behavior before walking in the opposite direction.

—TIME SKIP—

it was time.

two teams.

blue and red.

after chiron lists all the rules which we all know by heart, the game officially starts by the horn being blown.

i search for annabeth with my eyes.

"annabeth told me to stay with you" i feel someone's presence behind me.

i turn around. it's percy.

"yeah it's going to be just us three" i turn back, while i tiptoe to see better.

"no? i don't know what she told you but.. she told me this exact thing just now before walking away 'go and find meara, you guys will stay together for the rest of the game'" he tried to imitate annabeth's voice.

he tried explaining the whole situation, but all i could think about in that moment was a group from the red team talking and looking at us.

we were about to become a target.