Moving Day part 2

Harmony breathed a sigh; as much as she had been looking forward to this day, she didn't like how hard and heavy her chest was feeling, or how uncomfortably damp. She needed to get back to Kyir as soon as possible. She waited impatiently as the cart rolled up the path; it parked a little ways away from the doors, again, and she could see Muse tugging at thick boards and heavy rolls of fabric, while the cart driver sat in the driver's seat, watching. She started to get irritated; why couldn't he help? He looked young and strong, but he was smirking in an ugly way as he watched Muse struggle with the packages and heavy items. Muse, I'll come and help, she thought; just wait a moment. You don't have to carry that by yourself.
yes, Muse answered, sounding amused, come down...and make sure you have your hair down.
Harmony was puzzled; why did she need her hair down to carry packages? But she pulled the stick from the coil of her hair, and let it tumble down her back as she walked outside. The young ox-driver turned to see who was coming, and started; Harmony hid a smirk as she noticed him staring slack-jawed at her. Muse, you minx, he's practically drooling!
Muse grinned slyly. Now ask him to help, too. I bet he will.

Harmony knew how to play along; and they did need help, if they were to get back to the inn quickly. She decided to try it. She popped the top button of her chemise open and swished her hair around one side of her face; then she sidled up to the young fellow, who looked like he was about to faint. "Sir, my maid is most awfully tired from shopping for all my housewares to-day, and I'm not strong enough to carry all of this by myself. Would you be so kind as to help us? You look strong and healthy..." The young man snapped to attention like a whip cracking. "Yes indeed, My Lady, whatever you like, whatever you need! I'll pull the cart up closer, and carry it all in for you, don't worry!" His eyes lingered on Harmony's swollen chest, and she felt a wave of disgust; smiling sweetly, she turned away and picked up some of the packages, and began to walk back inside. The young man followed, arms full, jabbering away about how lovely she was and what a fortunate day it was that he had met her, does the Lady need anything else, The Lady can call him Kade, he worked at as a soldier most days, just call on him anytime, he'd be glad to help such a beautiful Lady as herself, and could he come by again? 

Harmony just smiled and opened the door, smiled and opened the door, until he had carried it all inside, talking the whole time; then she led him back outside, told him "Thank you for your kind assistance" and holding his gaze, she carefully and intentionally re-buttoned the top button of her chemise, and walked back inside the house, closing the door firmly behind her. Men like that don't need payment, she thought, shaking her head as she watched him wave cheerfully and drive away. Muse grinned wickedly, watching him go. Harmony felt ill. "Muse... why did you ask me to do that? We could have handled it on our own. We didn't need to do that." Muse gazed at her, apologetic; "Harmony... I'm sorry. I didn't mean anything by it. I just thought to have a little fun, and speed up the work." Harmony nodded. "I know. I just...I don't know, felt strange taking advantage of him. He was so obvious, the way he was staring, it made me feel like doing it, too... But we might have just made more problems for ourselves." 

Muse frowned at her. "WE did NOT take advantage. You offered him nothing, and asked for his help; he freely gave it. It's his own problem if he thinks he's getting some favor from you, just because he helped you and you're beautiful." Harmony sighed. "You're right, of course. Still, I don't like it. Let's not do that anymore. We don't even know that man–he might want to come here all the time, or worse, he might be married, and his wife might get angry at me." Muse shook her head. "He's not married. But I agree, we should probably keep our distance. It was fun though. He deserved it." Muse gazed out the window, up at the castle which rose high in front of them. "Besides, I hear we've already got a peeper to scold." Harmony nodded. "Yes. Let's get back to the inn. I'll write to the Lord after I feed Kyir." 

The sun was already setting when Harmony and Muse reached the inn; Kyir was crying, and Harmony's back felt like it was on fire from the weight in her chest. She nodded a quick thanks to Agatha and rushed upstairs, practically ripping the top of her chemise as she offered her breast to Kyir; he immediately latched on, and the relief was so great that Harmony almost cried. Her milk 'let down' and poured from both of her breasts, soaking them, and making Kyir cough with the force of it; he hung on, though, and showed no signs of stopping either. So she climbed into the washing-tub and just sat in there to nurse, holding Kyir tightly and leaning back against the hard sides of the tub. Muse, she thought, I'm getting all wet with milk... please bring me something clean to wear and some hot water to wash with, when you're done eating dinner... Muse grunted in assent, her mouth full of Agatha's good brown bread. Sure. when I'm through. Harmony closed her eyes. She felt Kyir's mind chiming at her, making little musical sounds of happiness and greedy satisfaction; smiling softly, she echoed it, and then spoke a word into his mind. Mother. I am your mother, she thought. 

Kyir grunted and kicked his little fat legs. aaa ahm, he thought back. 

Harmony giggled. It's ok, she thought. He won't learn it overnight. I'll keep trying til he understands. Kyir nursed until Harmony ran dry on one side, then drained the other; finally sated, he wriggled and burped loudly a few times as she patted his back, before falling asleep on her shoulder. Muse came in with a pail of warm water and a wash cloth; she carefully wiped away as much if the sticky milk as she could before passing him to Muse. Then she washed herself too, removing her now-wet dress and chemise, and emptying the bucket over her hair. It had been a long day, and she was dirty and dusty.