Day no. 10

I spent the evening with my family and the next morning I received a message from Leora that she wanted to see me. I briefly answered if she had an idea where, and she replied that we should meet at the pastry shop. I straightened up and headed towards her. The door of the pastry shop was locked, so I knocked and was happy when I saw Leora happily jumping towards me.

- Hey. Come in. - she invited me in and immediately locked the door.

- You're not working today?

- Actually, I gave the team two weeks of annual leave. We worked hard for this wedding yesterday and for all the orders before that.

- Does this mean that I can finally be with my girlfriend and ask her out?

-Yeah? Are you asking me out? - she said and her palms slid over my ribs to my neck before she hugged me.

-Of course.

We talked for a while as she sat on my lap. She sliced a piece of carrot cake and I enjoyed watching her eyes light up as I let her put a piece in my mouth.

-Sorry, but you smell so divine.- she said with totally red cheeks.

- Do you like my perfume?

-Oh yes. I could just sniff your neck while sitting on your lap.

- I have nothing against it.

She slapped my chest playfully with a smile. At that moment, she looked at me with her eyebrows raised. She bit her lower lip and looked towards the button of my jeans. Because I thought about her a few days ago and instantly...well...turned on. I frowned and looked at her as she smiled at me. We were like a magnet to each other, but we were still shy. And that was very strange for me. She caressed my cheek and kissed me. She stood up and led me by the hand through the pastry kitchen to the back entrance which was near the entrance to her apartment. When we entered the apartment, we kissed so passionately that Leora bit my lip because she was scared of the loud thunder.

-I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

- Don't worry. I'm fine. - I told her, tasting my own blood in my mouth.

- I blew everything. I'm so sorry, Jake. My God.- she said in a panic and sat down on the couch with her face hidden in her hands.

- Honey, everything is fine. You couldn't have known it would thunder. Don't worry.

I consoled her by kneeling before her. That little bite shook her so badly I couldn't believe it. I hugged her and stroked her back until she calmed down. She looked at me like a timid doe while trying to crack a weak smile. It thundered again and she was scared once more. The storm was in the forecast.

- Do you want me to stay with you? I see you are afraid of thunder.

- Jake, I'm not afraid of thunder as such, but I'm afraid of loud sounds. Because I was in the army and...

- Did you see something or experience something?

At that question, she got up and looked out the window as the light rain began to leave traces on the glass. She walked slowly around the apartment, rubbing her left shoulder.

- Leora, you scaring me. What's the problem? You don't want this...

- No. No, it's not that. When I was in Afghanistan, there was an attack on our camp and on some of my colleagues. Three of them died, and dozens were injured along with me. A piece of iron bar pierced my left shoulder and sent me crashing against the wall as I tried to save my sergeant. She was killed and I was injured and left the army. I got a higher rank and left. Cakes were my hobby that I turned into a business.

- Hey, it's okay. Really. I'll be with you until the storm passes. I'm not sure it's safe to drive in this weather.

-Thank you. Jake, you are really wonderful.

- But...if I may know, what rank in the army do you have?

-Lieutenant.- she said so proudly.

I cringed at that because there are several ranks up to lieutenant in the army that she held before the rank of lieutenant. In fact, that attracted me even more to meet her and win her over.

Leora changed into light knitted sweatpants and a T-shirt and tied her hair in a high ponytail. I could only notice how beautiful she was. I got a little angry with myself because I didn't buy her some kind of chocolate or candy bar to cheer her up. Maybe a flower or something.

- Jake, I was free the other day, so I bought you a tracksuit for you to have when you come to sleep at my place. If you do not mind. It has been washed and is clean.

- Honey, thank you. Generous of you.

I went to change my clothes and I took off my shirt and was only in a tank top.

Leora's loungewear set

We sat on the couch and watched a movie. We kissed between commercials and I was sure that Leora was freed from her fear. I wanted it. Holy shit, it's been ten days and I'm already addicted to this girl.