Day no. 5

Worked with my father in the garage while we polished his Mustang Eleanor. I heard my cell phone ring, but I couldn't answer it because I was helping my dad install new spark plugs for the headlights. When I finished, all smeared with motor oil, I looked at who had called me and saw that I had no less than 24 messages from Coyote and 1 from Leora. The missed call was also hers and I was a bit nervous about what could have happened.

"Hey, Jake. Can you call me when you see the message? I need you, actually, I need to ask you something."

Leora's message read before I even opened Coyote's because the guy has not yet learned to write everything he wants in one message. I texted her that I was going to visit her because I was coming into town to pick up the snacks I promised my nephews for our movie night. And by the way, we will watch Paddington bear. Of course, I got ready and went shopping first, so on the way back I stopped at Leora's. Gisele offered me a drink and looked sideways at me. I wasn't sure what the problem was.

- Sorry, did I do something to make you so angry?

- I'm just looking after Leo. She is such a good person this world does not deserve. I don't want to see her suffer because she suffered too much - Gisele told me with her arms crossed on her chest.

- I understand. I have no intention of hurting her. I consider her a friend just like you. I know I have a bad reputation, but I'm willing to change for it.

- Ok. You can take this as a threat, suggestion or advice...if you hurt her, me and AJ with a shovel will be the last thing you see before we bury you 6 feet underground.- she growled at me.

-Problem?- Leora asked confused.

- We were just talking. Did you need me? - I said to Leora, distracting her from my conversation with Gisele.

-Yeah. Is it possible to get me tickets for the aerobatics show? This morning I found out that the acrobatic group "Wings of Storm" from Croatia are visiting together with the "Red Arrows". Tickets sold out as soon as they went on sale.

- You don't need a ticket if you come with me.

- With you? - she said, confused again.

- Count it as the date I promised you.

- Would you take me there on a date?

I just nodded before Leora jumped into my arms.

-I'll take this as a yes.- I said tightly wrapped in her arms.

- Oh, sorry. I...I'm just too excited. - she told me and fixed the collar of my shirt, which she crumpled.

-Who could blame a sweetheart like you? I think you would be forgiven even the biggest sins.- when I said that, her cheeks turned red. It was clear to me that no one had ever given her real and sincere compliments.

- But I need to hear from you... do you want to go on a date with me?

-I want to. I want to go on a date with you, Jake. - she said and her smile lit up the room.

We talked a little more and she prepared a box of carrot muffins with cream cheese and honey frosting for my nephews.

The evening came quickly, so Witt and Gwen couldn't wait for me to watch the movie together. Lauren went on a date with her husband while mom and dad went to a friend's house for dinner. Leslie and I were responsible for these kids. Throughout the film, various questions came to the kids' minds, while Leslie and I felt like we were being interrogated in a police station.

-Is Leora your girlfriend, uncle?- Witt asked me attentively waiting for an answer.

-Leora is a friend of mine.