Chapter 3 "Opportunity unaccepted"

Huiyeon arrived at the funeral a little bit late. Only few people were there. Sae-ri 's
Parents, Mr.andMrs.Moon went to approached her. Mrs.Moon hugged Huiyeon while crying. Huiyeon hugged her back to comfort her.

"I was waiting for you...."

Mrs. Moon held Huiyeon' s hand and brought her towards the coffin.

"Things were very unexpected. I never thought this would happen..."
Huiyeon looked at the coffin sadly.

"I know right... I also never thought Sae-ri will leave us without saying anything." "Not even a single goodbye "

Mr. Moon grabbed Sae-ri 's frame and hugged it.

"She didn't say anything?!? Or at least texted or called you??? Before everything?!?"

"The last time she contacted us was at our anniversary. That was a few months ago..." Mrs. Moon explained.

But she did noticed  Huiyeon 's reaction, As if she knew something. So she asked her.

"Huiyeon, Is there Something you'd like to tell us??"

Huiyeon stayed silent for a bit. Then she began to tell them what she knows.

"I was busy, painting an artwork for my gallery' s bidding session. It was very late at night and I stayed awake for a while. I got an unexpected call from Sae-ri. I was very suprised. But then she told me that she missed me, she was happy that I was successful and the one that keep bothering me was the last thing she said before she hang....... She said that live my life happily for her. Then the last thing I knew that she died the next day. Leaving me with the words that made me restless"

Mrs. Moon started sobbing. She was very scared of what may it means.
" What if she really killed her self ?!?"

Mr. Moon tried to calm her down by saying
" You know your daughter won't do anything like that...."

Huiyeon felt a little guilty for some reasons.

"Im sorry, Mr. And Mrs. Moon... I didn't mean to hurt your feelings"

Mr. Moon gave her a Pat in her shoulder.

"Don't worry Huiyeon... Its not your fault... You didn't do anything wrong."

Then he left with his wife.

Huiyeon stayed beside the coffin. Her memories with Sae-ri started to play in her mind. She remembered the times she and Sae-ri shared before she could even went to this.

Everything stopped when she heard an familliar voice.

"She was a very talented woman"

Huiyeon turned to see, and she couldn't believe her eyes! It was Mr. Min Soo Hyuk, the president and the CEO of MSH ENTERTAINMENT.

He looked straight to her eyes.

"Jeong Huiyeon am i right??? You were with her Right when she was scouted."

"Ah...Yes... It was me... How could you still remember?? That was already 3 years ago."

"Well nothing much... I just don't forget those people who were very talented. Also, You were great like Sae-ri, except she was a little bit better."

"Is that so" Huiyeon gave him a smile.

"Well, her farewell really saddened me."
"How could a very talented girl have to go that really early... She could do more for the kpop industry"

Then  he took a sip to the glass of wine he was holding.

Huiyeon thought of maybe she could ask him about Sae-ri. Maybe he could make things clear.

"Uhm... Mr. Min, May I ask you something?

"Very well, What it could be???"

"I was thinking if maybe you know something or anything about Sae-ri,
what ever was going on to her, her career.... I mean, she works for you"

"I know nothing " he replied, a little bit furious.

Huiyeon was quite shocked about his response.

"I mean, I know nothing about her personal life or things. Like what you have mentioned, she works for me.
But i dont go too personal. I just operate my business. All i know that my staffs said she was quite demanding. She doesn't want to work."

" Demanding??, Maybe she was just tired ... You know... Dancing and singing
  Could be quite exhausting."

"We trained her and her other co members. We make sure that their stamina is in its best shape. Getting tired ain't a reason. Either way, she signed up the contract. She has to follow the rules, no matter what."

Huiyeon got a little upset about it.
It seems that Mr. Min thinks that he made his recruited idols a super beings. They get tired too. They are still humans!

She was about to storm off when Mr. Min called her name.

" Anyway, Miss Jeong Huiyeon... I actually went here to talk about something else with you. I want to tell you that I'm about to create another girl group, and im scouting you.."

Mr. Ming handed her his business card.

"Call me if you're in. We'd love to have you. We need something like your talent."

Then he left before Huiyeon.

"My talent??? In your dreams"

She immediately left the funeral. She was so upset the she crumpled the business card in her fist.