| Serendipitous Encounters |

This chapter contains disturbing content. Reader discretion is advised.

Thanks to all of you, the target for the last chapter has been met. Here's the latest update for you all. Enjoy reading! 💕

Please vote for the chapter and leave comments as well.💭

PARINIDHI

"Why the need for gratitude?" I asked, confused.

"Oh, where are my manners?" she said, gently leading me inside while holding my hand. "Please, take a seat here. You've injured your foot. Putting pressure on it will only worsen the pain. I'll be back in two minutes. Please, stay right here."

I nodded, and she hurried out, leaving me to wonder why she sought to meet me again?

She returned moments later, holding two cups in her hands.

"Here's some coffee. Sorry, it's the only thing available in the hospital cafeteria at the moment," she apologized, offering me a cup.

I accepted it with a nod and motioned for her to take a seat beside me.

She sat down promptly, and as I took a sip of the coffee and placed the cup on the table, I asked, "Was there something you wanted to talk to me about?"

She hesitated for a moment before speaking, "Actually, I've been wanting to meet you since that night. I thought about asking Sir, but I just couldn't gather the courage to do so, hence I didn't ask," she explained, her voice faltering.

Before she could continue, I interrupted her with a question, "Which Sir are you referring to?"

"Devansh, sir," she replied immediately.

The mention of Devansh's name caught me off guard. "How do you know Devansh?" I asked, puzzled.

Upon hearing my question, she looked at me puzzled and asked, "Do you not remember what happened that night?"

I furrowed my brow and recounted, "The last thing I remember is being on the pole, someone trying to pry my hands loose, and about to fall when Devansh saved me."

In an instant, all the memories of that dreadful night rushed back, causing goosebumps to erupt across my body in sheer terror.

"Ah, Right Sir carried you outside," she said.

"And then?" I pressed.

"After that, Sir came back inside. Do you recall the bouncer who slapped you? Sir beat him so brutally that he lost consciousness. The chaos was so intense that all the customers started to panic," she recounted.

The idea of Devansh confronting the bouncer who had laid hands on me felt oddly unsettling.

"Did he really intervene on my behalf?" a cynical voice within me countered. "Don't flatter yourself, Pari," it added.

"Where were we...? Oh, sorry, I forgot to ask your name," she interrupted.

"I'm Pari," I replied, offering a faint smile.

"That's a lovely name," she complimented. "Hi, I'm Kusum," she introduced herself, returning the smile.

"So, Devansh entered the club, and that's when you talked to him?" I steered the conversation back on track.

"Oh, my apologies, I forgot to mention the rest," she admitted. "Sir confronted that bouncer and began searching for the customers who had touched you."

"Why? To greet them for tormenting me?" A bitter thought crossed my mind, refusing to be suppressed.

As Kusum began to narrate the rest of the story, I shifted my focus towards her, eager to hear the continuation of the tale.