Part 4 ~ Chapter 26

Start from the beginning

"You just now realized that?" Toothless asked with a deadpan expression, but that vanished as he heard his aunt begin to speak.

"Where have you been? And where's your sister?" Astrid asked worriedly as she looked Hiccup and Toothless over for any injuries.

"Kala's hiding. And, y'know. Catching up with Dad's mom." Toothless said with a shrug.

Their attention was caught when Valka emerged from the nest on Cloudjumper's back, her staff in hand. She then shook said staff and the Alpha broke his way out of the sanctuary and roared to make his presence known.

"Whoa..." Eret breathed out in awe.

"That's your grandmother?!" Astrid asked with wide eyes. "How?!"

"It's a long story, but now you know where me, Dad and Kala get our dramatic flare." Toothless said with a smirk, then he flicked down his flight helmet as Hiccup broke right from where the five of them conversed in midair.

Hiccup surveyed the area to find where they could contribute to the fight, taking notice of a Zippleback getting caught in a trap. He growled under his breath and sped over to the traps, firing plasma blasts at the traps as they passed and releasing the dragons who were caught within each of them. Toothless looked back as they all flew away to safety and smiled. Just as they were heading to release more dragons, the both of them froze when they saw a larger Bewilderbeast emerge from the ocean. It was darker in color compared to Valka's and had shackles connected to its tusks. Many ships that Drago had brought with him were knocked over as the chained dragon rose from the icy depths below.

"Another one?" Hiccup whispered worriedly and Toothless whined slightly as they glanced at the Alpha then back at the other Bewilderbeast.

"Not good..." Toothless whined out.

Their heads snapped in the direction of Fishlegs as they heard him yell.

"I WAS WAY OFF! THAT IS A CLASS TEN! CLASS TEN!" He shouted as he steered Meatlug further away from the larger Bewilderbeast.

Once they were out of their shocked states from the new predicament, Hiccup and Toothless put their focus back on releasing all the trapped dragons. Toothless tried the best he could to keep his focus from being broken from all the chaos going on around them, but it was proving to be difficult the further the battle got.

The Furies' attention was drawn away from their task when they heard a pained roar. Hiccup and Toothless froze at the sight of the Alpha being impaled by the tusks of the other Bewilderbeast in the stomach.

"No..." Toothless whispered with fear-filled eyes.

What they didn't know, however, was Kala had finally reached the beach as the Alpha was impaled and she watched the king of the sanctuary fall limp with tears flowing down her face as she whimpered and held herself, wishing to be held by her father or squeeze her plushie tight to her chest in that moment for some form of comfort as she took in all the damage before her.

"T-this ca-can't be h-h-happeninggg..." She whined out as the tears blurred her vision.

The new Alpha stood over the corpse of the fallen king and roared loudly as he took control of all the dragons present. Well, all except a certain pair of hatchlings. Hiccup growled as he shook his head to fight the pull and Toothless looked at him worriedly as he rested a hand on his head.

"Dad..?"

When he heard his son's voice, his mind cleared and he stopped shaking his head, control over his body still his as he went back to releasing dragons with plasma blasts. Toothless smiled a bit, relieved to know his father was okay, then put his focus back on the task at hand.