Part 2 ~ Chapter 12

"I can't believe her." Fishlegs said, feeling betrayed as he and the other teens were gathered in the barn he hid Meatlug away in.

"YOU can't believe HER?! YOU KIDNAPPED YOUR DRAGON! NOT TO MENTION SAID DRAGON JUST FLEW OFF WITH MY NEPHEW!" Astrid shouted while glaring at Fishlegs.

"Well, that makes it sound so mean. And how was I supposed to know that Toothless followed me earlier?" Fishlegs asked defensively.

Astrid growled under her breath and went to punch him, but stopped when Tuffnut spoke.

"Hey, guys?" He said, sounding rather shocked.

"What?!" Astrid asked as she snapped her head towards the twins, who were crouched down by the hay in the back of the barn.

"You may wanna come see this." Ruffnut said as she ushered the others over.

Astrid huffed and made her way over to the twins, Snotlout and Fishlegs following behind the fiery Hofferson. They all crowded around the hay stack to see what hid within.

"Whoa...Meatlug barfed up a pile of rocks." Fishlegs said as he looked at the supposed rocks that were slightly hidden by the hay.

"You're such an idiot! Those aren't rocks, your dragon laid eggs!" Ruffnut said with a roll of the eyes.

"But Meatlug hasn't..actually nevermind. She was hanging out with another Gronckle for a while before the migrating flock flew over the island." Fishlegs said as he put it together.

Snotlout gave him a deadpan expression. "And you didn't think to let her leave with the other dragons? Seriously?"

"Hey, in my defense, none of us knew it was mating season at the time. Okay?" Fishlegs said with crossed arms.

"Hey! Everyone's missing their dragons, right?" Astrid said as an idea struck her, her anger towards Fishlegs forgotten for the time being.

"Oh, here it comes." Snotlout said with a groan.

"I've got an idea!" Astrid exclaimed as she picked up one of the eggs gently and tied a ribbon around it carefully. "It'll be another new Snoggletog tradition! Oh, this is gonna be so good!"

After some convincing, the others helped her tie ribbons around Meatlug's eggs and hid one in each person's hut.

~~~HTRYNF~~~

After a while of flying over the ocean, Toothless was able to break free of the chain as he was finally able to transform into his dragon form. As he tried to fly beside Meatlug, he almost ran into a dragon figurehead ship and screeched in surprise as he dodged it. He noticed that they were in a rather foggy area after he got clear of the ship, not knowing at all where they were.

Toothless panted slightly as he tried to calm his heart then looked at Meatlug when he finally caught up to her. "Where are we going?" He asked, but got silence as his answer.

Toothless huffed and looked forward as they flew, staying quiet the rest of the way to their destination. After a few more minutes of flying, the fog let up to reveal an island with hot springs all over and thousands of nesting dragons. He looked around as he and Meatlug landed, then he yanked the chain off of her.

Once Meatlug was free, she nuzzled Toothless in thanks then flew off to find her mate. Toothless smiled then went back to looking around the island curiously. There were newborn hatchlings as far as the eye could see.

Toothless walked around the island in his dragon form as he tried to spot any dragons he could recognize. As he was looking, he saw a Gronckle nudging her eggs into one of the springs. Toothless looked closer out of curiosity and saw the eggs hatch under the water. The Gronckle hatchlings crawled out of the spring and went over to their mother.