Chapter Twelve- Cuffed

I arrived back at the Oak with Eris mere moments ago. The entirety of Olamoore beneath us as we flew was decorated beautifully for Princess Jupiter, and I couldn't help but feel like I hadn't spent enough time today with her. It was my daughter's special day and yet I had had to spend the last hours working with my Mother.

My Mother as suspected would do anything to gain back my favour, and today that included committing treason against her Queen. The iron cuff that Jay would be fitting, it would be void of the iron that would usually hold my magic in a state of paralysis. My Mother had created the perfect fake, and her ability to mask herself, it allowed her access to the Oak, and access to the cuff that was created to imprison me. It would be done before Rowan even gave the order. I would go against my Queen today, my mate, and my love, and I would take my power back. A Mothers instinct is to protect her young, and I was more protective of my children than most Fae would be, knowing my child had been stolen from me once before. To hear of another threat to her... it boiled my blood... to the point I grit my teeth and my fists tightened painfully, the rage fanned the flames within. Come for my daughters.... And die.

If I ended up imprisoned or executed for my actions, so be it. The safety of the Princesses was worth any fate bestowed upon me.

Eris had left me in my chambers, after placing a few fly away hairs back into place on my head, and making me perfect once more. She had gone to collect my ceremony cloak.

Rowan was clearly not on the Branch, her guards were not present in the hallways. I wondered what she was up to. I knew she had a lot to do, facing a threat so large, and with the Kingdoms here she would no doubt be overwhelmed with the responsibility, but if she wouldn't let us face it together, and hide the very things I should know about, then let her suffer it alone. She infuriated me. Nothing new. My heart just made it harder to turn away from her now, despite how she maddened me. I loved her, my god I loved her. Ugh!

I opened my chamber door and was met with my own guards "Queen Consort" they bowed.

"Take me to the Nursery" I ordered.

We made our way quickly, and I was back in my daughter's orbit within minutes.

"Mummy" Jupiter squealed, running over and taking my hand "I got a new dress" she told me, twirling around for it to be admired.

I sighed, smiling so broadly it hurt my cheeks. "You look beautiful baby"

Jupiters eyes twinkled as she came to a stop "so do you Mummy"

I looked to the chair behind me, and I took two steps before sinking into it so that I was Jupiters level, my ability to bend down that far, now long gone. I reached for her "come sit with me. Tell me about your day, and how you're feeling about the Ball. Are you excited?"

Jupiter gently climbed up onto my lap "yes" she replied, sitting herself to the side of the bump and lying her hand on the top of it. "Hi Lee" she whispered, bending down and kissing the bump.

I smiled, brushing my hand over my daughter's golden locks before she sat back up "She will be with us tomorrow" Jupiter told me "I saw her arrive at dawn"

My eyes widened "that's not long"

Jupiter reached up and placed her hand at my temple, a calmness instantly washing over me "You will be okay Mummy, don't worry" she whispered.

"And Leda" I asked, more worried for my child's survival at birth than my own.

Jupiters features changed for a micro second, and if you weren't her Mother and hadn't obsessively studied her face for hours upon hours you may have missed it, but I have spent nights upon nights and day after day studying my baby.