Chapter Thirteen- Our Princess

The Oaks entrance was a sea of gold and white, my entire family gathered to see Jupiter leave for the Great hall, and follow behind as was tradition.

Elm stood tall, his wife on one arm, and his daughter Holly on the other. Holly was the image of her Mother, all the fair and golden genes had passed her to her younger brothers, and she herself was dark, with brown eyes and a darker skin tone. She had my Brothers serious nature, but in my company alone I always found she had a good sense of humour under it all, just like her Mother, Calla.

The second eldest, Ash, he looked like he was growing his bushy beard out for fun, but I knew it was because my father preferred him to keep it trimmed, and now with my father gone he could be himself. Ash was broad, and large, his hands the size of dinner plates, and his laugh as big and deep as the ocean. Ash kept to his work, he was in charge of the agricultural side of our kingdom, working closely with those producing crops and keeping animals. Ash kept our people fed and our kingdom well stocked. He was approachable and kind. Ash had three sons with his wife Denali, two were the image of Ash, and one was smaller and more delicate like his Mother. All ate enough food to feed a small army, and I think that's why their father worked so hard to produce more.

Linden, I wasn't surprised was standing beside Eris, and their chemistry even from afar was hard to deny. I wasn't sure I'd ever seen Eris so flustered and out of control as when she was in the presence of Linden. It must have driven her to madness that she couldn't hide his effect on her. Once a romance headed for the alter, and now a back and forth of traded insults with an underlying sexual tension that we had to all endure. They would absolutely get married, when one of them gave in and finally admitted that they loved the other... but both were stubborn, and Linden was still flirting with the idea of others. The handsome one, the eternal bachelor my father called him, for he didn't need to wed to keep the line going, he was too far down it to have to care, and so he went about his wild ways, and enjoyed the Fae women who fell for his charms. My Brother was a decorated member of the army, and he was a natural with a sword. He would serve for as long as he could, and I'd gladly have him.

To the left of me, at a further standing point, was Aspen. He looked distracted, and a little lost in thoughts. Aspen was only a couple years older than me, and my closest sibling in age. I had hoped this year he would focus on finding his mate and moving forward with his desire to marry, but he is silent and at arms reach, and I fear I've lost my right to ask him, anything.

Jupiter however, let's go of Willows hand and races over to him, and he picks her up with a smile I rarely see anymore, and he holds her on his hip, talking animatedly with her.

"When did Aspen and Jupiter get so close" Andy asked, coming to my side.

I turned to acknowledge her, smiling at her side profile, my beautiful mate, my Queen. I reached for her finger tips automatically, but felt her retract her hand.

"I'm not sure" I reply, looking back to them ahead of us. "But she seems to be very fond of him"

"Interesting" Andy mused, similar to my own reaction. "And can I ask why Bell is walking one step behind me as if she is chained to my wrist" she asks, looking between us over her shoulder.

Bell smiles back at me "because she is keeping your mood bright and your fire dim tonight"

Andy lifted her gown slightly and glanced down to the metal, raising her eyebrows at me before dropping the dress back down "My fire has been extinguished remember?"

"Magic my love has not always been the source of your fire" I remind her, with a gaze that made her nostrils flare.

Andy rolled her eyes "Do you suggest I am of an angry disposition"