Chapter Fifteen - The Ball (part two)

"Is everything Okay?" Willow asked, returning to her seat beside me after a noticeable absence.

I took a steady sip of my wine and licked the red from my lips "Treason is never, okay"

"Who?" Willow questioned from beside me.

We were five dishes down and the final one was about to be placed in front of us. Dessert. Jupiters favourite, a strawberry and cream petal cake.

Willow and I sat back slightly as the staff placed the cake down, with a golden dessert fork.

"Those who know better" I answered.

"I'm sorry" she apologised "I know I took too long in the powder room. If it is me and my relationship with Demelza that seems inappropriate and one of treason... then I won't see with her again. You have my word"

I placed my hand on hers "it is not you dear Aunt. I do not regard your relationship with another Queen as treason, as long as it doesn't interfere with my own Kingdom. Don't mention me to her, nor any matters of Olamoore, and we are quite fine"

Willow looked relieved "Im so glad, I thought I'd upset you"

I shook my head and gave her hand a squeeze before releasing her "Not at all. However..."

Willows eyebrows lifted "however?" She repeated.

"However, I do wish to know the extent of that relationship. We should talk sometime this week, and you can fill in the gaps for me"

Willow agreed "of course"

I regarded the cake, and looked to my daughter on the other side of me. Jupiter was gleefully tucking into it like she hadn't eaten sugar in months. It lightened my mood momentarily to see her happy, and her joy was perhaps the only fleeting feeling of positivity I'd have all night.

Andromeda wasn't eating her cake, and she had barely touched her previous courses. She looked lost in her thoughts, and even her Mothers touch was brushed away.

Cassiopeia had acted against the Kingdom, and her foolish desire to be forgiven had clouded her judgement. Cassiopeia had released an out of control fire fairy upon the Kingdom at a time of great importance and vulnerability. One misstep and Andromeda would have ended us all. She had gone against her Queens wishes. Nobody could be seen to disobey a Queen.

"Sycamore" I whispered under my breath. A summon he heard from across the table. I tilted my head sideways, gesturing for him to join me, the weight of my crown made the movement more pronounced.

He shuffled off of his chair and made his way to me through the crowd.

I lifted my fingers, brushing my ear lobe as I did so, gesturing for my guard Jay to also approach. The gesture was discreet, and so was he as he leant down to hear me, Sycamore joining him "I need you both to remove Cassiopeia to the Oak. Have her locked in the roots. Be ... discreet... no cuffs... just remove her swiftly. Sycamore I'm counting on you to take her in a flash"

Jay nodded "Yes my Queen"

"Blink and you miss it" Sycamore agreed.

Nobody would defy my orders and put my Kingdom and my family in danger.
Andromeda was not in her right mind, but Cassiopeia had no excuse. I wasn't going to start my reign being lenient when a threat was already out there searching out weakness in my Kingdom.

The trumpets sounded, and all attention was thrown to the ceremony room. As the entire room looked away, in the other direction, Sycamore and Jay came to stand either side of Cassiopeia from behind her seat, and with a hand gently placed on her shoulder, with a flash they were gone.