Chapter 12.

Landon grabbed Jason firmly by the shoulder, spun him around abruptly, and delivered a hard slap to his face. A shock rippled through the crowd as people around them looked on in shock at the commotion.

Stunned, Hanna stared at Landon, her mouth half-open in disbelief as she tried to comprehend what was happening. Jason rubbed his sore jaw as he looked at Landon with a bewildered expression.

"Alright, I get it, you're taken," Jason muttered with a bitter undertone, his voice dripping with disappointment. He turned away and walked off, his shoulders slumped under the weight of humiliation.

Hanna watched him go with wide eyes, her heart pounding in her throat as she struggled to process the sudden turn of events. She turned to Landon, her voice sharp with accusation. "Why did you do that, Landon?" she yelled above the music, her hands trembling with excitement and frustration.

"Come with me. Shut up and come with me now," he snapped, his voice filled with anger and jealousy, as he grabbed her wrist and roughly pulled her along.

Hanna stared at him incredulously, her eyes flashing with indignation. "What? Who do you think you are to tell me what I can and can't do?" she retorted, her voice steeped in defiance as she pulled away.

Landon glanced at her briefly before grabbing her wrist again and dragging her roughly off the dance floor, away from the curious eyes of the crowd. His face was red with anger as he pushed her into a secluded corner.

In a secluded corner, Landon pushed her roughly against the wall, his face contorted with anger as he stared at her sternly. "I won't tolerate this behavior, Hanna," he growled, his voice filled with authority as he held her gaze.

Hanna's eyes flashed with fire at his threat. "Don't ever let me catch you dancing like that with someone else again," he snapped, his voice sharp and commanding.

A mocking laugh escaped Hanna's lips. "And what are you going to do then? Break his hands?" she shot back, her voice dripping with challenge as she looked him straight in the eye.

Landon's eyes narrowed at her audacious reply. "Maybe I will," he growled, his voice slightly threatening as he held her gaze. "But I don't need to. You know I can make you feel what happens when you challenge me."

A shiver ran down Hanna's spine at his words, but she refused to give in to the fear welling up inside her. With a defiant look, she met his eyes squarely. "Try me, Landon," she hissed, her voice full of determination as she didn't look away. "I'm not afraid of you."

Suddenly, without warning, Landon roughly pressed his lips against Hanna's, his hands gripping her tightly around the waist. A shock coursed through her at his unexpected action, but soon she felt an unfamiliar excitement rushing through her. After a moment of hesitation, she returned his kiss with equal intensity, her heart pounding in her chest. But just as she began to surrender to the moment, Landon abruptly pulled away, his breathing heavy and his expression confused. With a step back, he broke the enchantment of the moment, his face twisted.

"Damn it, Landon! What is wrong with you?!" she screamed, her voice sharp with anger as she looked at him with pent-up frustration. But Landon seemed unfazed by her protests. With a determined look, he grabbed her around the waist and lifted her roughly over his shoulder, her protests silenced into a cry of surprise.

As Hanna's heart pounded with anger and disbelief, Landon seemed unaffected by her protests. His grip on her waist was iron-strong, and his stride determined as he dragged her outside, away from the pulsating music and the brightly lit dance floor. Hanna felt her breath quicken as she pounded on his back, her fists powerless against his sturdy muscles.

"Let me go, damn it!" she screamed once more, her voice raw with emotion as she struggled to break free from his grasp. But Landon seemed deaf to her pleas. His pace didn't slow, not even when they stood outside in the cool night air.

When he finally set her down in the passenger seat of his car, Hanna's heart raced like a bull in her chest. Her hands trembled as she tried to calm herself, but the adrenaline still coursed through her veins. She glanced sideways at Landon, his face tight with determination as he fastened the seatbelt around her waist and started the car.

The engine roared to life as Landon pulled onto the road, and the silence between them was heavy with unspoken words. Hanna didn't know what to say.