Chapter 6.

Hanna is fast asleep, her thoughts lost in a world of dreams. Suddenly, she feels an unusual sensation of cold and emptiness around her. Confused, she opens her eyes and realizes that her blankets have been pulled away.

With a jolt, she sits up and sees Landon standing in her room, holding her bag tightly. Her heart pounds in her chest as she realizes what's happening. A mixture of surprise and irritation overwhelms her as she looks at him sternly.

"What are you doing here?" she asks, her voice sharp and piercing.

Landon looks at her with a mixture of astonishment and determination. "I found your bag in my car, so I decided to bring it back," he replies, his voice calm but with a hint of challenge.

Hanna furrows her brow deeply as she continues to stare at him, her mind racing as she tries to understand why he's here.

Hanna's eyebrows shoot up in surprise as she stares at Landon. "How did you get in?" she asks, her voice full of disbelief.

Landon casually shrugs his shoulders. "The door was open," he answers simply.

"That can't be," mutters Hanna, remembering that she had locked the door before going to bed. Her thoughts whirl as she tries to understand what has happened.

"Wait a minute," Landon begins, his voice full of curiosity, "how do you normally lock the door?"

Hanna opens her mouth to reply but is interrupted by the sound of a notification on her phone. She picks up the device and reads the message: a warning about an approaching hurricane.

She looks up at Landon, her concern now clearly visible on her face. "There's a hurricane coming," she says, her voice tense. "We need to make preparations."

Landon nods understandingly, his serious gaze mingling with Hanna's concern. "Let's start by checking the windows and doors," he suggests, his tone serious.

With a sigh, Hanna gets up and begins to move around the room, with Landon following closely behind. Together, they close the windows and lock the doors, preparing for the storm that's approaching.

Eventually, when everything is done, Hanna looks at Landon with tired eyes. "You can't leave with that hurricane coming," she says, her voice soft but determined. "You can sleep on the couch tonight."

Landon nods in agreement, knowing it's futile to argue. He makes himself a spot on the couch and lies down, ready to weather the storm, together with Hanna, in this unexpected situation.

After a while of tossing and turning, Hanna breaks the silence. "Landon," she whispers softly in the dark.

Landon turns his head towards her, though it's too dark to see his expression. "Yes?" he responds just as softly.

"I was wondering..." Hanna hesitates for a moment, her thoughts searching for the right words. "Shouldn't we do something to prepare your house for the storm?"

Landon shakes his head, even though she can't see it. "No, my house is well-prepared," he reassures her. "Don't worry."

But Hanna can't ignore the restlessness in her mind. She feels the need to do something, to move around and pass the time while they wait for the storm.

"Would you like something to drink, maybe?" she finally asks, her voice a little louder in the silence of the night.

Landon nods, though again she's not sure if he can see. "Yes, that sounds good," he agrees.

They rise together and leave their sleeping spots, heading to the kitchen. The floor creaks under their feet as they walk through the dark house, and the sound seems to break the silence that has surrounded them all this time. In the kitchen, they each pour a glass of water and sit at the kitchen table, waiting to see what the night will bring.

As they sit at the kitchen table, Hanna sips slowly from her glass of water while pondering the absurd twists of the evening. "Can you believe it, Landon?" she begins, her voice tinged with a mixture of amazement and amusement. "How on earth did we end up here? It's like we stepped straight out of a novel."

Landon chuckles softly and shakes his head, a faint smile playing on his lips. "I wish I knew, Hanna," he replies, his voice filled with mild astonishment. "It's like the universe is playing a joke on us, putting us in situations that seem to come straight out of a book."

After a while of relaxed conversation about various everyday topics, Hanna feels fatigue slowly overcoming her. Her eyes grow heavy as she sits on the couch, and eventually she closes them for a moment.

Landon notices her gentle breathing and smiles as he sees her sleeping peacefully. Without disturbing her rest, he carefully gets up and walks over to her. Gently, he lifts Hanna in his arms, her head resting against his shoulder as she sleeps deeply.

With care, he carries her to her bedroom and lays her down gently on the comfortable bed. He covers her with a blanket, making sure she's warm and snug before he leaves her side.

Iff yall enjoy it please comment. I can make new chapters but not if everybody hates them😂