she leaves you for someone else - part two (requested)

"Who could that be?" Your girlfriend asked as she pulled the spoon away from your lips upon hearing the knock coming from your front door.

You had been enjoying this quiet evening as you and your girlfriend made a nice dinner.

It was almost ready so the timing was horrible for whoever was at the door.

"I have no idea. I'll go check. But the sauce is perfect, baby." You complimented and watched your girlfriend grin as you made your way out of the kitchen and to the living room to answer the door.

But you weren't at all prepared to see Minji standing there.

A huff of annoyance left your lips upon seeing her there and you shook your head before going to close the door.

You didn't want to hear a single word that she had to say.

But before you could close the door, she put her foot in the way to keep you from doing so.

"Move your foot, Minji," You warned.

"I just want to talk." She spoke. "Please, Y/N,"

Her pleas weren't going to persuade you into changing your mind whatsoever but you knew the reason she had to be showing up at your door from out of nowhere after two months.

"Let me guess - your new relationship didn't work out, did it?"

She sighed and saw you smirk at her as you opened the door.

"No. You were completely right. I was so stupid to even think that it would. I had something great and I threw it away. I can't believe I would do something so foolish."

"I know. I couldn't believe it at first either." You said. "But I realized you were never the person that I thought you were and if you were going to leave me so easily and so fast for someone else, then I deserved better."

"You do."

"Then why are you here?" You wondered. "We both agree you messed up and I deserve better than you. It's been two months. You moved on and so have I. So please, just go."

"You moved on?"

You could see the look of shock and hurt in her eyes upon hearing that.

"Why are you so surprised? I realized you weren't the one and if you wanted to leave me for someone else then the person I was meant to be with was out there somewhere. I wasn't going to sit around for a year and wallow in sadness."

"Well... who did you move on with?" She curiously asked.

Suddenly, your girlfriend came into the room, and who it was shocked Minji.

"Y/N? Is everything okay?"

"Hanni?" Minji gasped. "Oh, my god! That's who you're dating?"

Hanni came up to you and put her hand on your back.

"Yeah." You spoke. "Hanni and I were close friends when we were dating but neither of us realized our feelings for each other until after we broke up. Unlike you, I wasn't going to leave you for someone else. I was faithful and committed to you. You gave that up when you decided to go be with someone else. So after we realized our true feelings for each other about a week after we ended things, we got to know each other more."

"We've been dating for about a month," Hanni said. "You said it yourself. Y/N deserves better. She's found it."

Minji hung her head as it sank in that you and one of her best friends have been secretly dating for the last month.

But she knew that you both had a point; she was the one who walked away and gave everything you two had up for someone else.

If Hanni was going to treat you the way you deserved, it was hard for her to hate either of you.

"You hurt me." You confessed. "We had something real and you left me out of the blue for someone that didn't even know or care about you the way that I did. I didn't know if I'd ever find someone who cared about me or whom I could trust. But I've found that with Hanni. I know you're both in the same group and I know you're close friends but I won't let you ruin this. I want you to leave me alone. For good."

She let out a shaky breath as she looked at her feet.

"I told you that you'd regret it and to not come crawling back to me when things came to an end with her. I'm happy. Hanni is happy. Let us be happy. It's not our fault that you aren't."

She nodded as tears filled her eyes.

Looking at you and Hanni, she let out a heavy breath and saw then that she wasn't only wasting her time but getting in the way of the happiness you and Hanni had found.

"You're right. For what it's worth though, I'm truly sorry for everything." She said. "See you in the studio in a couple of days, Hanni."

Looking into your eyes, a tear fell from her eyes as she said,

"Goodbye, Y/N."

"Bye, Minji. For good." You said before closing and locking the door.

Hanni pulled you in for a hug and held you tight.

The chapter with Minji was closed; it had been for a while but now, you finally had your closure.

Meanwhile, your life with Hanni was just starting.

And as she held you, you knew that she was the one you were meant to be with all along, and for the rest of your lives.