Chapter 10

Chris's POV of that night:

...

Man, this is bullshit. Same old routine every day. I leap from building to building, scanning the alleyways for any sign of criminals... but nothing. As I perch on one of the rooftops, I remove my mask for some fresh air. Pulling out a note I received earlier in the day, my thoughts drift to Seungmin.

"Meet me on top of that building at 9 pm. It's urgent."

I had recently located his whereabouts, considering he had been missing for about two years. I wanted to tell Felix... but I just couldn't. Felix would have wanted Seungmin to return, but even I knew that wasn't possible right now.

For now, knowing he's alive and well is enough. The thought brings a smile to my face. All this time, we thought he might have died... I stumbled upon him by chance when I saw him suspiciously running down an alleyway one night. I immediately jumped from the roof to confront him, and to my surprise, what I found was quite shocking. Seungmin clearly had no intention of letting anyone know about his whereabouts. At least, not yet.

I crumple up the note and toss it behind me as it lands on the rooftop floor.

Putting my mask back on, I narrow my eyes. It's time to meet Seungmin. He rarely asks to meet, and when he does, it's usually for something important. Perhaps one day, the others will learn that he's actually in good shape. The last time they saw him, it was as if something inside him had switched off... and Seungmin knew he wouldn't be coming back for a long time.

I leap from building to building once again, finally landing on the designated meeting spot with Seungmin. He didn't need to specify, but I already knew which building he meant. It's the only one hidden but guarded, devoid of any light compared to the others. It looks like a prison from the outside.

"You've Arrived." Seungmin remarked in a firm tone, striding towards me from the door onto the roof. He appeared relieved.

"Seungmin. What did you need me for?" I grinned with a slight chuckle, turning to face him. "Or should I say, Sky?" I added a teasing remark, knowing he went by Sky in this building. "What was so urgent that you needed to see me?"

Suddenly, I noticed the seriousness in his demeanor. Something must have happened. He glared at me as he stopped right in front of me. The wind was strong that night, the moon casting a bright light on his dark, somber eyes.

"I was going to tell you about this another time..." He began, clearly irritated about something. "But it seems I've run out of time."

His tone sent a shiver down my spine. Seungmin tried to hide it, but I knew him too well. He was nervous, worried about something. His voice remained stern, his eyes locking onto mine in a cold glare. His body barely moved, but I could see his hands were slightly shaking.

"What happened?" I asked, concern evident in my voice. I was ready to do anything and everything for him. I'd even kill an innocent person if he asked. And that's not something I stand for.

There's a sudden hint of sadness in his eyes, but a small, pained smile forms on his face. "I'm about to do something reckless, Chris..."

My eyes widen. I've never seen him like this before, not even on the day we last saw him before his disappearance. Even then, he had a bright smile on his face, though his eyes were completely lifeless. We knew something was wrong, but we pushed those thoughts aside because nothing could ever happen to Seungmin... nothing could touch him...
He said he'd be back, but...

I clench my teeth as the horrible memory of that day resurfaces in my mind.

Turning back to him, I try to understand what he means. "What do you mean... something reckless?" My voice is firm, my eyes narrowing. He was never one to openly show emotions, always the one to help others while pretending he didn't need help himself.