Chapter 14 - Can you speak some sense

Right after telling this cold joke, the ward plunged into a even deeper, dead silence.

And then, Zong Jiu belatedly realised that this joke of his seemed to have really pushed the frigity in the air a notch colder.

Immediately, he hurried to salvage the situation. "I mean it as a compliment, not in a derogatory sense. I'm not being sarcastic."

[...]

[...]

The bullet chat spammed chain after chain of '...'. The viewers seemed completely taken aback by this senseless statement.

[Um. Can someone tell me who Zhuge Liang is? Is he very famous.]

[I also wanted to ask this...]

[But judging from this E-rank's tone, it shouldn't be fake? Do any of you recognise this Zhuge Liang?]

[I don't know him, I haven't ever heard of him before. But it's so weird. Why does it sound oddly familiar?]

Once this comment appeared, many others immediately echoed after it.

[Familiar +1]

[Familiar +10086. I even feel that it sounds like a very clever name? But I'm sure I haven't heard I'd it before.]

Everyone was befuddled.

Several tens of thousands of comments were brushed out in the two people's live broadcast rooms. No one knew who was the 'Zhuge Liang' that Zong Jiu spoke of.

Let alone the bullet chat, even the dark-haired man also looked at him askance, an inquiring look in his eyes.

"Who is Zhuge Liang?"

The white-haired young man blinked. "Courtesy name, Kong Ming; nicknamed Crouching Dragon, the chancellor of Shu Han surfing the Three Kingdoms periods."

Zhuge An frowned.

Zong Jiu suddenly remembered that he was a novel transmigator.

Thinking about it carefully again, that didn't seem to be right, still. Even if he had transmigrated, weren't these people in front of him once from the real world? As long as they were from the real world, they couldn't not know of Zhuge Liang, right?

Furthermore, there were many historical instances in the infinite loop. Among them, there were many contenders who had studied ancient divination; how could they be without an inkling of who Zhuge Liang was?

Within this, there was surely information that Zong Jiu was in the dark about.

Should he ask?

The white-haired young man fell silent for a moment. In the end, he decided to take the risk.

"... Are you from China?"

The dark-haired man, despite his deeply set features, appeared to be of Asian descent, and with Zhuge's family name, it was really hard to think of him in the direction of a foreigner.

A Chinese.

Zhuge An lifted his eyes. For the first time, a slight hint of emotion rippled on his characteristically ancient and apathetic face.
The next second, the man suddenly raised his hand.

His large and firm hands powerfully hung upwards suspended in the air, his five fingers forming a claw shape, as if gathering invisible air in his palm.

A twin fish pattern, one black, one white, swirled and appeared above his palm, forming a large Taiji diagram of Helena and earth, Yin and Yang.

Not only that, but countless black stripes also appeared out of thin air, congregating into eight different trigrams floating around the Taiji diagram, revolving like a host of stars clustered around power, gently gyrating and vacillating.