Chapter 11 - All Bark and No Bite

Because of Zong Jiu's flagrant statement, a hush descended upon the dim corridor.

[Wtf, A'Jiu-gege's too sauve!]

[Hot damn, this is my first time seeing a newcomer daring to speak with a veteran in this tone.]

In Zong Jiu's live broadcast room, the bullet chat roared with laughter.

[Hahahah look at the complexion of the trainees that got disused. They were all scheming to find out more about the S-rank clue; little did they expect that they'd get mocked right back instead hahaha.]

[Ah, this feels refreshing. An E-rank newcomer outright challenging a B-rank trainee. Don't bully my poor E-rank!]

The face of the veteran contender who started it, Jiang Yiuan, flushed heavily. "You're just a lowly E-rank, how can you speak to your seniors like this?"

"Still calling yourselves seniors. You keep flaunting your seniority like you expect to get special treatment."

"Fine!" Jiang Yuan plucked up his volume in annoyance. "I knew that Senior He had a point. If you aren't even willing to share S-rank clues, you have to be the mole who took a different identity card!"

Woah—!

At this, the crowd instantly exploded.

The other veterans who were also salivating over the S-rank clue echoed after him.

"That's right. Senior He said earlier tha5 he saw you sneak arounf everyone's wards all bright and early in the morning. Why else would you do something so redundant if you aren't hiding a mole card."

"Yeah yeah yeah. That doctor earlier too. He directly called you out. It must be that he knew about your secret mole identity and was in cahoots with you!"

Since the veterans all got on the same battlefront, those newcomers who had just comprehended what a clue to an S-rank prop entailed also sailed with the wind.

After all, they didn't possess any ability in the least to survive this instance. It was only by riding on the coattails of the veterans that they could. Whether or not they could survive still depended on whether the veterans were willing to give them a lift. They were at the end of their tethers; if they didn't flatter and fawn over them, they would just be waiting for their deaths.

Just as Zong Jiu was about to turn on his heels and leave, Messiah spoke up with his eyebrows tightly furrowed.

"Quiet."

As if pressing a stop button, everyone fell silent.

"I've long said this; don't baselessly cast doubt on anyone in the absence of conclusive evidence."

The golden-haired Holy Son's expression was austere, and his blue eyes, which used to be as warm as the Aegean Sea, were as cold as ice at this moment.

"That's the greatest taboo in a team. Without basic trust between people, how can we still talk of cooperation?"

The crowd was pindrop silent.

Messiah continued, "Although S-rank clues have the rule of being shared amongst everyone, since Dr. Chu has chosen to tell Zong Jiu alone, he has the privilege of not telling it to anyone. This is his freedom. No one has any right to say anything otherwise."

Under the powerful temptation of the S-rank clue, there were still veterans who were reluctant to let go. "But we have evidence. All those that we just said were things that he had done."

"Ask He Jianlan. He saw it with his own eyes."

Called out, He Jianlan grit his teeth. "That's right. I did see that."