Chapter 2 - First Round, Preliminary Evaluation

Warning - might be disturbing❗️

The 'Broadcasting studio', as the mechanical voice called it, was a bright and luxurious hall teeming with extravagance.

Ornate grotesque chandeliers of pure gold hung down from a high vaulted ceiling, and the walls showcased vivid carvings of exquisite and life-like relief sculptures. Frames flickered on silver candlesticks from every nook in the wall, casting looming shadows.

The whole hall has partitioned as a giant flight of steps, divided into a total of nine segments. The further down the steps, the more spacious they were. The most spacious step was even wide enough to accommodate a large football pitch. A different coloured carpet was draped on each step, and adorned by different decor.

Naturally, the most prominent feature was the ten thrones on the highest step.

The base of the thrones was made out of the most luxurious crystal and the seats were padded with velvet. Fruits and drinks were placed next to it, discerning demarcating the strict class gap.

There was only one similarity between the steps, and that was, they all faced a three-dimensional projection hovering in the air.
Two large words floated on it: Thriller Trainee

These words were stereographically projected into the irises of everyone's eyeballs. No matter how large the hall was, these words could be easily seen effortlessly. Similar to the sound that appeared out of thin air without the need for any medium to transmit it, this wasn't technology achievable by modern-day science.

The people fanned in and gathered high and low on the various steps, converging at the center of the hall.

The expressions that filled their faces were varied. Most showed relentlessness and anxiety, and the noise they kicked up fell incessantly on their ears.

It was impossible to observe the size of the hall with the naked eye. No one could see the end of it. The dense congregation of heads was innumerable.

Yet completely unperturbed, Zong Jiu stood where he was, constantly twiddling his fingers and magnanimously accepting the attention that baptised him for all sides.

The beauty of the cannon fodder in the novel was needless to be mentioned. Due to a congenital lack of pigment, he exhibited the physical characteristics of mild albinism, such as his white hair. Wherever he went, as long as there were people present, he could effortlessly collect a large swathe of gazes.

Zong Jiu felt it was a pity.

If tie was a regular talent show in the entertainment scene, he could rely on his beauty to amass the audience votes without worry.

Disturbance suddenly broke out in the crowd; shrill shouts rose one after another.

They spotted something that appeared out of thin air on their chests.

"What's this thing?"

Amidst the din, Zong Jiu silently lowered his head and wasn't at all surprised to see blue words appear from nothingness on his own chest.

Thriller Trainee: E-Rank

The canonical owner of this character was just a pretty glass vase. There wasn't much muscle on his body, just like a white chicken with a combat power of five. Giving him E-rank was entirely within reason, no mistake about that.

Where there could have been room for explanation for all the previous instances, this badge on their chests left none.

The crowd began to turn restless. But not everyone was.

Atleast, those people standing by the wall weren't.

Their faces were calm with cold indifference.