Chapter 8 - Prove that you aren't insane

In light of the remarks made by the head nurse just now, the atmosphere in the dining room grew heavier.

After witnessing the Thriller Trainee dormitory incident and the horror scene last night, there was a newcomer obviously tottering on the edge to a mental breakdown.

When the nurses announced the schedule for the day, he suddenly dashed up and roared at the.

"Someone died last night! Do you guys have any damn conscience as medical staff?"

His eyes flashed with undisguised anger. "As if I have a f*cking mental illness: from how I look at it, it's you guys that have something wrong with your heads!"

"This is an asylum. Sickness, old age, death: all of these couldn't be more prevalent than in a place like this."

There was a sardonic smile on the head nurse's pale face. "How about you tell me? How can you prove that you aren't mentally ill?"

Mental illness was a terribly grey area.

People who couldn't escape the death penalty could rely on it for exemption from punishment, yet innocent people could be sent behind bars for it.

No reason was needed. Simply claiming that 'he's mentally ill' was sufficient.

As for the way to prove that you weren't mentally ill—

Mentally I'll patients would never self+profess that they were mentally ill.

There was no way to prove it. In other words, this was asking to achieve an impossible proof.

Chills ran over his body. His mouth was prised, and he couldn't get a word out at all.

Just when everyone thought he wouldn't say a thing, he suddenly screamed, rushing out of the dining room as if crazed. He didn't look back and he submerged into the darkness of the stairwell.

"Bring him back."

The head nurse waved to the other nurses, ordering without a turn of her head.

After they left the restaurant, the others then recovered from the previously oppressive atmosphere.

Beyond the people in the dining room, even the bullet chat in the live broadcast room was bustling with discussion.

After a period of time, Zong Jiu's live broadcast room had stabilised at around a thousand viewers. Although it couldn't compare to the millions of viewers camping in the room of apowerful figures without them having to do a thing, it was particularly promising for a newcomer to attract this much attention.

[Look, this is a sign. Something is sure to happen tonight.]

[Indeed. Survive for three day. The first day was to weed out the noobs; the second and third days are the real highlights.]

[A passerby who sneaked over from the live broadcast room next door said that the main task of the one-man show in the next venue is also to survive three days. Although, there aren't any mole identity cards and chance tasks over there, almost half of the trainees have died... with the Holy Son, the survival rate should be much higher here.]

[The system's really toxic. This is only the first instance in Thriller Trainee! With the level of difficulty set so high, aren't they afraid they'd traumatise the newcomers?]

[Reply to upstairs. Just think about how many people stood in the studio during the preliminary evaluation... with so many people, the system probably can't be bothered to wait for the newcomers to grow up. Why not just put a difficult instance straight away as a knockout round to filter out the remaining people?]