The Sacrifice Part-4 (Maiden X Her Captor)

Start from the beginning

"Then what is stopping you?"

"You cried when I marked you, I am sure you will leave me if I put myself into you. As I will hurt you."

I knew when a man and a woman came together for the first time it was painful for the woman. I was ready to tolerate anything for this man, My man.

"I will not go anywhere, I will stay with you, as you are my man. So don't stop yourself."

All the tricks Grace had given me evaporated into think air, the moment my husband expressed his concern for me. All I wanted now, was pure love from him, no tricks or seduction or deceit.

"Let's have food first you must be hungry, I sure am." I tried to change the subject but he distanced himself from me.

"You go ahead and have a bite; I am unclean and need to wash before I eat."

Saying that he walked out of the cave towards a small hut, that we used as a cleaning room. I had bathed there this morning and it was a small enough space for two people and some huge stone buckets to keep water.

I followed Durk and as soon as he entered to cleaning room I entered too.

"What are you doing here? Are you hungry?" he asked me looking confused as usual.

"I'll help you clean, now sit." I made him sit on a small stone stool in the middle of the hut.

"You will get wet Fiona; I can clean myself."

"I know I will and I know you can. But let me help you, after all the work you did today."

"I didn't do enough, wife." He admitted. And a small smile plastid on my face. Men in my home tribe celebrated and expected favors from their wives even if they caught a single rabbit in a whole day. And here was my man, bringing home a week's worth of food and saying he did not do enough.

"Why do you smile?" he asked looking up at me. I was busy helping him take his dirty clothes off.

"Nothing, just thinking how lucky I am."

"How are you lucky?"

"Well, I married you so...I guess I am lucky."

"There are men better than me in this tribe, older than me, and stronger than me in the tribe, if you were their lady then you would have been truly lucky."

I could not control it, I burst out laughing. But when I looked at my man, he did not get the humor in the situation.

"But you won me so that means I am yours, so why would I want another man?"

"So, he could get you more food." He stated as if this was common sense.

"You got a lot of food Durk, stop fretting about it." Now I was getting a bit annoyed, did this man not see how amazing he was? I guess not.

That's when a very important question popped up in my mind.

"How old are you, Durk?"

"Twenty and seven." He answered.

"I am twenty and five, that means you are two years older than me. How many ladies have you laid with."

I have no idea where the question came from, but it just came out of my mouth before I could take it back. When I looked at my man, he was looking down at the floor, and was that blush on his stubble-covered cheeks?

"Till I was ten and eight I lived in a cottage with my folks. But after that just as every young man in the tribe, I was left to look after myself. If I ever wanted a lady to be mine, I had to have a cave or a cottage, enough food, comfortable bedding, and the ability to give her younglings. Or I had to catch a lady that was foolish enough to wander up the mountain from the down tribe. But I still wanted to keep my lady happy comfortable and fed.