Ryder, meanwhile, was still all alone on the balcony, looking up at the sky as he recalled how they tried to keep on going in their rescues despite all the pain and sadness they had gone through as if everything was all fine. He could feel a tear fall down his face.

[Ryder]

We keep the sadness and gloom ♪

So nobody would assume ♪

Our duties hide what we are ♪

Nobody can see our scars ♪

With that, they will never see at all ♪

The burden we need to haul ♪

Nobody knows, only we do ♪

The pain we are going through ♪

Nobody knows, only we know ♪

How we drift away like the first fall of snow ♪

Ryder walks back into the bedroom to get some sleep, seeing Rocky, Zuma, Rubble, Tracker, Liberty, the Junior Patrollers, and Carlos, all sound asleep. 

Marshall, Chase, and Skye returned back upstairs as well, huddling with the other sleeping pups, and went to sleep. Skye curled up under her blanket, sobbing silently in the quiet and dark bedroom.

[Skye]

As we continue to help others ♪

We cover how much we suffer ♪

And having our load to haul ♪

Nobody will know anything at all... ♪

The next morning, Ryder, Carlos, and the pups were still asleep. Except for one pup, Rubble, who just darted noisily into the room to wake up everybody for breakfast.

"WAKE UP, EVERYBODY! BREAKFAST IS READY!"

"Whoa, what in the world?!" Chase yelped.

"Dude, you're so freaking loud!" Zuma growled, angrily.

"Ugh, too early..." Rocky groaned.

"Chase, how can you be still sleeping at a time like this? You're always the one who wakes us up for breakfast!" Rubble questioned.

Chase jolted awake out of bed, hearing what Rubble just said.

"Wait, what?! Shoot, what time is it?"

Carlos quickly got out of bed, glancing at the clock on the side table, with widened eyes as he stared at the digital clock.

"What?! It's 10 am already?!"

"Oh my god! We all overslept, I guess!" Ryder exclaimed.

"What are you all waiting for? I'm starving..." Rubble chuckled.

All the pups, except for Skye, who was still under her blanket, jumped out of bed. Chase tried to wake up the sleeping Cockapoo, gently pulling off the blanket that covered her while everyone else waited for her to wake up.

"Come on, Skye! Time for breakfast," Chase invited.

"Ugh, what time is it, Chase?" Skye groaned, rubbing her eyes.

Everyone began to stare silently at her, seeing her eyes which seemed red from crying so much.

"What? Why is everyone staring at me?" Skye questioned in confusion.