31. Will we ever have it easy?

How's life going on? 

Chapter 31. Will we ever have it easy?

Aisha

I trace the scar on his left shoulder, lightly, softly, making sure to not wake him up. My eyes drift upwards to gaze at his face, he looks so peaceful like there's not a thing to worry about. But I can see the hint of dark circles under his eyes and his face looks a little sunken. I dread to think what he must be going through. I watch the soft rise and fall of his chest, a gentle rhythm that matches the quietness of the wee hours. First sun rays spill through the curtains, casting a golden glow upon his face.

I marvel at the way his lashes rest against his cheeks. How can a man have such beautiful eyelashes? What does he do? Apply castor oil every night?

I reach out, my fingers barely grazing his cheek, tracing the lines of his jaw with feather-light touches. Despite all the intimate moments we shared, this – this feels more intimate than any of those. I feel like I am trespassing into his blinding hurricane but I don't care, I have survived worse.

My mind drifts to his nightmares and I am glad he's not getting one now. The thought of his vicious uncle burns fury into my veins and I take a deep breath, trying to control my rage. I move back a little, lowering my eyes to his thighs. My breath gets caught in my throat as I see the proof of his tragedy, light cigarette burns cover his skin, faded with time but scarring enough to leave a lifetime of misery.

"It doesn't hurt." His tone is gruff as he answers my unspoken question.

I lift my eyes to meet his, forcing a soft smile. "I am glad."

He leans forward to kiss me but I back away, pressing the back of my hand over my mouth. "Um, I didn't brush yet."

An amused smirk plays on Nimit's face, his blinks languidly. "I fucked your pussy with my mouth and you are worried about morning breath?"

My cheeks tint pink at his blunt words but I don't stop him as he lowers my hand and presses a long deep kiss on my closed mouth.

"Good Morning." His whispered words tingle against my lips.

I can feel my heart hammering in my chest, overflowing with love and gratitude for the man next to me. I can't believe I actually woke up next to me.

Who says dreams don't come true?

If you chase them enough, they certainly do.

"Good morning, indeed," I whisper back, smiling shyly at the man I know I am falling in love with.

If there's a way to stop myself from falling in love, I don't want to know it.

Nimit gives me another kiss before getting off the bed in all of his naked glory. He is clearly confident in his own skin and he should be. That man can make a Greek God whistle in appreciation.

"What are your plans for today?"

I shrug a shoulder, stretching my arms and noticing his eyes pause briefly on my breasts. He visibly gulps, forcing himself to look away. I fight back my pleased grin. "Well, I do have some ideas on how we can spend the day."

Nimit chuckles, putting on his boxers. I frown as my delicious view is blocked by a piece of cloth. Lucky cloth, getting to touch him so closely... so frequently.

"I bet all of them involve us in the bed." Nimit teases and I wink back at him. "Not all, some of them are in the shower, against the door, maybe that old chair in the living room."

Nimit sighs and even though I know what he's going to say, it still hurts. "Aisha... last night was..."

I jump out from the bed, combing through my messy hair, trying to mask my heightened level of disappointment and distress. "A one-time thing?"