Chapter 39 Regrets

Start from the beginning

"How much do you know?"

I scoffed. So she did know. "Enough to know that Kristen's been cheating on me."

"Whoa there buddy. Cheating on you? What the hell are you talking about?" She looked at me in disbelief.

"I'm talking about walking in on Adam her douche of a boyfriend and Kristen making out when she was supposed to be retaking her test for Science." I shouted. She went quiet for a minute, shocked at my outburst. Then she started laughing.

"I'm so glad you find my pain funny." I said sarcastically.

"I'm not laughing at your pain Lucas, I'm laughing at how idiotic you are. First the whole 'Kristen is a lesbian' idea and now you think that she's cheating on you." She continued laughing. If anyone inside was watching they would be very confused.

I glared at her. "Ha ha it happened. But that's not the point."

"I understand its not the point. Yet, my point is you're an idiot. Were talking about Kristen cheating on a guy like you with that...that monster. When you were the one to open the door for her, he shut her out. When you kiss her, he's the one having sex with her best friend. While you get a job to spend time with her, he's the one getting a job at a high school he graduated at just to stalk her. I think that the choice between you two is obvious. And if you think anything different, then there is something seriously wrong with you."

After she was done I just stood there. I thought about everything I said; going through my mind of every encounter with her ever since I met her. everything seemed fine to me. Nothing was out of place when I was with her. She made me happy and that was what was important. I immediately regretted my decision to break up with her just because one person may or may not have lied. Then I snapped back to reality.

" Aubrey was the one that Adam cheated on Kristen with wasn't she."

Alex nodded sadly.

"She told you that she was cheating on you." She said thoughtfully.

I nodded back with the same amount of sadness.

"Well that was a lie. Look I'll explain on the way but we need to go get Kristen." She said going into the house and leaving me with my thoughts

"I'm going to get my girl back."

* * * * * *

"But I am assuming you already knew abut her dad." Alex said quietly as we drove into one of the parking lots at school. I nodded taking the keys out of the ignition and stepping outside the car. The rain had cleared up a bit but not enough to not drench us in more water.

I tried calling Kristen but she wasn't picking up. Everywhere we looked she wasn't there, and I was starting to get worried. We first had stopped at her house, using the hida-key to get in. Yet no one was home except for Kiko and Grace. We fed them then went to the library. When we asked Ashton he told us she hadn't been there in a month. Then I went to work. Ricardo told us she called earlier and left a voicemail where it was all static.

When we ran out of places to go we decided to trace our steps and go back to school.

"Alright so take me through what happened."

"I went into the Science Lab and there she was. So I ran through to senior hall and down the stairs outside" I described, "Then we went out here and fought."

I stood in the place where we were talking.

"Then I went to my car, broke up with her, and drove away. I was parked where the car is now." I finished, remembering the past events.