Seasonal Activities

Start from the beginning

The door opened and Ririna appeared.

Ririna: My Lords, the time has come to prepare the fields. What shall we do?

Rimuru suddenly gasped as if he had a realization.

Rimuru: Gather everyone together first thing in the morning!

Ririna: Very well, I'll go make sure the words get out to everybody.

Rimuru: Alright! We're gonna work the fields!

That morning. Myself, along with many of the other inhabitants found ourselves in a field pasture that was meant for farming.

Deciding to use the suggestion from Ririna, who has pretty much been made the head of working with agriculture. Rimuru had come with the idea of setting up a local farm for crops and to increase self-sufficiency.

Basically, he had finally found work and was eager to do it.

Rimuru: It's long been said that "any land that yields good food is good land." That's all we want for us, at any rate we'll be counting on all you're help today.

Everyone: Understood my lord!

Rigurd: Now we can finally grow vegetables just the like ones sold in town.

Ririna: Yes, we should all work hard to lend a hand.

Hakuro: Well, you know what they say about working on an empty stomach.

Geld: We can't sit by and allow our children to starve!

Shion: I agree! We all want delicious food to eat, don't we?

Why did this woman bring a pot of... whatever abomination she cooked here?!

Blake: Everyone start planting!

With that, everyone had been assigned to their own field to work on.

Gobchi: I'm getting tired already...

Gobtsu: Yeah, I know. Can we ditch this yet...?

Gobzo: Really? I'm kinda enjoying myself.

Gobtsu: Man you sound like such a stiff!

Gobchi: Hey Gobta! You hearing any of this?

They looked to over to Gobta, who instead of working, was laying down under in the shade of tree with a cloth over his eyes.

Gobchi: Hey Gobta! Why are slacking off instead of helping?!

Gobta: Oh, I'm not slacking off. I happen to training in meditation!

The two realized what he was doing and decided to join in on the "meditation", leaving Gobzo to continue working.

Kurobe: Hey Gobta!

Gobta quickly sat up while pretending to wipe away sweat.

Gobta: Kurobe? 

Kurobe: I finished up this equipment that was requested for you.

Gobta: Really? Aw man, I'm so excited!

Kurobe: You be pleased to know this piece can split this earth with one swing. In short, I'm quite satisfied with this blade.

Gobta quickly took the wrapped up item, believing it was the sword he had requested for. But when he unwrapped it...

Gobta: It's... a hoe?

Blake: Yep, I figured you'd want to speed up your work a little more. After all, you wouldn't just lay down nearby and let you friends do all the work... right?