Chapter 14 First Night: Shattered Heart

Start from the beginning

Ji...jii boliye kya baat hai, with small smile he said mujhe aapse kuch bolna tha, no no actually confess karna tha.

Unprepared for what may come, I stammer out a request ,ky..kya mai..n ph..... phele kuc..h bo..lun  , my nerves betraying the composure I strive to maintain.

With a gentle smile, he encourages me to share my thoughts, his patience a reassuring anchor amidst the uncertainty.

Wohh main... main kisi aur se mohabbat karti hun, mujhe pata nahi woh kaun hain, kahan hain,

par main unhe bahut zyada mohabbat karti hun, isliye please mujhse aap koi bhi umeed mat rakhiye.

Mai nahi chahti ki aapke dil mein mere liye koi bhi feelings develop hon,

mujhe jaise hi woh mil jaayenge main chali jaungi.

Main yahaan sirf kuch waqt ke liye hun, isliye please main aapse request karti hun, I am really sorry, very sorry.

As I finish my confession, I dare not meet his gaze, my eyes fixed firmly on the ground below.

But when I finally steal a glance at him, his face is flushed crimson,

veins pulsating with a storm of emotions.

His eyes, once warm and inviting,

now blaze with a fiery intensity that threatens to consume everything in its path.

Clenched fists betray the turmoil raging within him,

each muscle tense with the effort to contain the tempest brewing beneath the surface.

As I brace myself for his response, the silence is shattered by his booming voice, laced with anger and disappointment.

His words pierce through me like daggers, leaving me reeling with guilt and regret.

"Why did you agree to this marriage if you were never going to commit to it?"

he demands, his tone unforgiving.

Flinching at the harshness of his accusation,

I struggle to find my voice amidst the turmoil of emotions swirling within me.

"I-I didn't mean to..." I whisper, my words barely audible.

But he cuts through my feeble attempt to explain, his frustration evident in every syllable he utters.

"Enough excuses!" he declares, his tone resolute. "You knew the significance of this union are from  both the sides.

Yet here we are, on our first night, and you act as if it's a burden forced upon you."

Tears well up in my eyes as I search desperately for the right words to defend myself, knowing that in his eyes, I've failed him.

With a resounding thud, he exits the room, leaving me engulfed in a tempest of tears.

Never did I imagine that my first night would unfold like this.

With a heavy thud, I collapse onto the floor, the weight of disappointment and despair pressing down on me.

The cold tiles beneath me offer no solace as I sit in stunned silence, grappling with the unexpected turn of events.

It's a moment I never anticipated, a stark reminder of the unpredictability of life and love.

Sobbing uncontrollably, I remain seated on the floor, my tears flowing freely as my heartache fills the room with its heavy presence.

As I search through my purse for
MR. AJNABEE'S watch, my fingers brush against its familiar contours,