💗📔BIBLIOBREW AND SIP 🍵💗

Chapter o3

🌈 Y/n's 👀:

After a day illuminated by Jae-min's lively charm, I was presently sitting in the detention room but not really there. My mind had drifted back to when Jae-min had asked me out on a study date. He didn't address it as a date, but it was nothing less than that. And I'd like to keep thinking that it was one.

When we were heading off to the supposed bookstore/café – the one that he couldn't resist lavishing with compliments – he abruptly made a stop at the florist's and got me the most enviable bouquet of Acacia, Cyclamen and Moss rose. He didn't speak a word just handed it to me. Shyly? Rubbing the back of his neck, all the while looking at his shoes. I didn't deem him to be the shy kind. But it was cute. He quietly plucked a flower from the bouquet, a subtle act that piqued my curiosity. Unable to resist, I finally surrendered to my inquisitive nature and asked him 'why.' With an air of nonchalance, he simply replied, 'I should be aware when they begin to wilt, so I can replace them for you.' In that very moment, I melted into a puddle of emotions.

Me being the impatient hassle that I was, couldn't refrain myself from googling 'what the flowers meant?' as soon as we reached the café while he was away getting us our lattes. Much to my astonishment and unwittingly validating the seeds of suspicion within me, the page said that the flowers were to be given to someone you're secretly crushing on. What?!?!?!? I really must have read it wrong. But no. Nada. It was absolutely spelled out loud and clear. It even seemed bolder now. I was floating on a euphoric breeze. I felt like I was dancing among the stars. But I didn't want him to know that I knew. So, I kept mum.

I definitely had to agree with all the praises Jae-min had awarded the bookstore/café with. The vintage-inspired lettering of the cafe's name 'BIBLIOBREW AND SIP' evoked a sense of nostalgia and timeless elegance. It was by far the best bibliophilic effect bookstore/café. The bookstore/café also gave off the perfect vintage vibe adding a touch of old-world charms. With potted plants on every nook and cranny of the bookstore, the café attached to it had couches and makeshift beds laid out for a comfortable read. The best part was that you could stay how much ever long you wanted, the only condition that tied you down was to buy a book or a coffee. Amazing, isn't it?

I was brutally dragged out of my walk down the memory lane –

"Don't bite your own lips. You're so selfish. Lemme do it for ya." The voice I derided the most, taunted.

I didn't even realize me biting my lips. He always had to come at the most wrong timings and blurt unnecessary, detesting stuff.

"No, thank you –" I turned to him tight-lipped.

"– I am allergic to trash entering the vicinity of my mouth." I half-smirked.

"As you wish. Consider yourself lucky that I The Kim Taehyung offered." He replied with a haughty tone.

"Oh, my apologies mighty king. I feel so blessed that you offered." I quipped in a high-pitched tone.

"Blah! Whatever." He said waving his hand in dismissal.

"By the way doll, what were you even thinking? Definitely having an X-rated thought about me. Right?"  He mused winking. The impudence spluttering out of his overtly bold ego was sickening.

"You wish." I stated rolling my eyes.

"Anyways drop your inefficient flirting and tell me about what crush were you talking about in Mrs. Roger's class." I asked pushing out the question which was irking me the most. Did he know about Jae-min? Will he seriously tell mom? He'll do anything to annoy me, and I am sure of it. But if he knew already, he would've done something to irritate me. Maybe I was thinking too much.

"Oh! don't you even dare act innocent. –" He looked me up and down like a lion watching over its prey.

"– I know how whipped you are with that Jae-sin guy."

"Jae-min."

"You don't even deny it now." He criticized.

"Why should I? I admit that I like him. He has been nothing but sweet to me. The perfect gentleman who knows how to respect me. Unlike a certain someone who only knows how to rile me up." I scoffed.

"So, you want me to be sweet to you. I see. I wonder what else would you want me to be?" He crooned scratching the bottom of his chin.

"I suggest you try keeping your mouth shut for a change. It'll definitely help tone down your cockiness." With that I turned away focusing on the assignment at hand.

After some time, out of nowhere, Taehyung echoed making me turn to look at him.

"He's going to hurt you, Y/n" The vulnerability in his eyes and the pleading in his voice was scary.

"What?" I stammered.

"That Jae-sin guy, he is going to hurt you." His seriousness and firm demeanor totally didn't give him off as joking.

For once I wanted to believe him like his eyes were begging me to listen to him. But I never listened to him. Why would I now? I was habituated to always hating and challenging him. I didn't give in to him. Never.

"He is not. The one that keeps hurting me is you. –" I kept blabbing because the possibility of him being right was gnawing at me. The truth in his eyes was making me uneasy and I was hating myself for it.

"You get on my nerves, Taehyung. You're always on your toes ready to peeve me." I huffed, pushing the last of my irritation, off the cliff.

"Okay, fine if that's what you think. Starting tomorrow I won't bother you anymore. And let's make a bet as much as I don't want you getting hurt–" what does he mean he doesn't want me getting hurt? Why is he behaving so weirdly?

"– But I also don't think you would listen even if I told you not to get tangled up with him. So, here's the bet –

I don't know how or when you are thinking of confronting him but whenever you do if you end up getting hurt by that jerk, you have to let me pursue you without being judgmental or biased. Are you up for it?" Just when the word 'pursue' left his mouth, I couldn't get a hold of the butterflies swarming in my stomach. And I don't even know why??!?!? I hate him. He's a constant source of agitation, like a buzzing fly in my ear. He is annoying. It was as if I was digging out reasons to hate him when my body depicted totally opposite symptoms. But shouldn't I just hate him. It's probably the only emotion I've ever felt for him. Hatred.

"I-uhm-I." I was like a deer caught in headlights. Too stunned to speak.

"Why, are you already losing confidence or are you agreeing that he is indeed a jerk?" He jeered totally enjoying my flabbergasted state.

"Hmm?" He tested again.

"Shut up. And whatever. I'll make the bet because it is you whose gonna lose." I finished confidently.

----+*+*+*+*+----

Chapter 3 on the roll. So sorry for the delay. Hoping to get my schedule intact. Lots of love.

Do let me know what you think about the chapter and about the bet. Is Jae-min really shady or is it just Taehyung's instincts?  Ping me.  

Do vote⭐, comment 💬 and share ➡️ my story if you really like what I write. 

Share your thoughts with me at my Instagram ID: books_get_me_hooked.wattpad. I am also posting sneak peeks of chapters before I actually drop the chapter. Do check out on my Instagram.

Until next time...

Borahaeyo 💜.