2

At the age of 13, you’re eligible to enter the Academy. All of the nobility and the commoners have the chance to enter the state-designated academy. Of course, you can’t just walk right in though.

The story in the novel begins in the Academy, but it was not particularly exciting. I just needed to move towards my goal. I simply wanted to be an official. Officials in this world have a high salary, and the household that paid officials the highest pensions were the knights. So my goal has been set to serve the Knights of the Imperial Family. I wanted to go to the First Knights Templar and live my life after getting a large pension, but because of the limit of the “glass ceiling”, entering the Second Knights Templar was the primary goal now.

**(T/N: glass ceiling is a metaphor used to represent an invisible barrier that keeps a given demographic from rising beyond a certain level in a hierarchy.)

By the way, if I enter the academy, there’ll be a handful of men getting twisted by Hestia… I won’t be able to get into a relationship, but it was inevitable that I needed to attend the Academy. Even if it’s not my story, it’s a very interesting story.

“Someone appeared.”

I woke up early in the morning and went to the training grounds as usual. Among the characters in the book, there was the Crown Prince of the Empire, the heir of the Marquis and the Young Duke, plus the son of a rich upper class family. It was something cliche that appeared in every novel. All these characters’ families existed since the founding of the Empire. There’s a certain family, and even though they don’t have a title, they’re a top family that spent all their money helping the nation. The conclusion was that the whole house was well fed. One of the love interests is a character that I would love to meet in the future. I really loved them. Was it the Crown Prince….?

“Shushu!”

While I was walking around the field with magic formula notes in my hand, a man came running towards me.

“I heard the story! You’re going to the academy! When are you leaving?”

“Tomorrow.”

“What!?”

That someone was my blue-haired brother.

Harun West, with blue hair like the sky and black eyes, he was mentioned with Shuraina West in the novel, and was a character with possessive characteristics. Harun had the same goal as me, so he would always come bother me around this time of the day when I was training. Seeing his blue colored hair drenched in sweat, I guessed it’s been a while since I’ve started training.

“What are you doing! Get out of here!”

My clothes and body were sweaty and stuck together, so I asserted my voice. I grasped him, crushing my notes. The strong smell of sweat came from Harun. If it were someone else, they would have listened to me, but my brother responded just as strongly as I did.

“When you leave, I can’t have fun with you anymore. I won’t be able to see you sword training every morning.”

“You can see me when you enter the Academy someday too.”

I didn’t like the feeling of his bare skin, so I pushed him away and he had a hurt expression.

“That’s just too much! If you passed, you should have told me first! Then I would have given you a bunch of flowers or hosted an event!”

I put on a look of astonishment at his remark.

“Don’t. I thought I told you not to.”

“Why? Shushu, do you hate me?”