The Sacrifice Part-2 (Maiden X Her Captor)

Start from the beginning

I somehow gulped down the food and shifted back in my bed.

"Are you Durk?" I asked.

"Who else would I be?" he said and smiled. And when I noticed his mischievous stare something inside me twisted. No one had fed me food before, let alone cared if I had eaten. This stranger who wasn't even a human had fed me food.

"Do you want more?" he asked ready to go deeper into the cave to fetch me more food.

I shook my head and he moved forward, getting close to me when his hand shot towards my face and I flinched back, shutting my eyes.

But I did not feel it, the slap I was bracing myself for did not come. I thought Durk would slap me for refusing more food, but when I opened my eyes, his hand was in the air near my face and he was looking at me confused.

The moment I looked at him, he brought his hand near my face and wiped just above my lips. I guess I had some broth over my upper lip.

"Did you think I was going to hit you?" he asked me concerned.

I was so embarrassed so I just nodded.

"Why would I hit you? You are my price." He said in a blank tone. His big golden eyes looked at me with concern.

How was I going to tell him, that anytime someone moved towards me so fast it was usually to hit me?

So, to change the topic, I asked him the most obvious question.

"What are you and what will you do to me?"

"I think your tribe calls us the mountain Gods. Every 10 years your people send a girl, into our territory and we have a competition. Any man who gets the girl gets to keep her as a price. Elm won Grace 10 years ago. I was a kid back then. But I too wanted to win someday. And see now I have you.

And to answer what I will do to you, that's quite simple. Elm put five younglings in Grace, I will do the same to you."

I gasped in shock and stumbled back into the bed, not wanting this man anywhere near me, let alone in me.

"No," I said.

"But I won you." He seemed confused that I was refusing him. Was winning a woman the only thing you need to do to have kids with her? Hell, I did not agree to any of this. But then Grace's words came back to me. She asked me to listen to Durk. Does that mean, I had to have his kids? And would he hit me or perhaps kill me if I refused?

"I do not want to have your babies."

"Babies?" he sounded confused. So, I did a round gesture around my stomach to show pregnancy and babies.

"Oh, you mean younglings?"

"Yes."

"But why, I won you so you are mine." He repeated the same thing again.

"But I do not know you, I am scared and I am not ready. Please, please don't force me." I was on the verge of tears.

In our village, if a woman refused her husband, she would be forced by him and no one in the tribe batted an eye to it. He was free to hit her and do as he pleased. It was his right. And Durk was so much bigger and stronger than the men in my tribe. If he hit me or forced me, I knew I would break beyond repairs.

Tears rolled down my eyes and I began sobbing. But before I knew it, he was hovering over me wiping my face with something just as soft as the bedding. I looked up and the same look of concern was reflected in his eyes.

"Are you ok? Why do you cry?" he asked me softly as gently as you would ask a kid, or try to pet a scared puppy.

For some reason, his care and concern were melting me and I was less scared of him by every passing minute.