ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟸𝟼 : ᴘᴇʀsᴜᴀsɪᴏɴ

Prativindhy ran after her, following her into the main city, where, despite his sharp vision he lost sight of her.

"Charulata! " He screamed, falling to his knees in the middle of the market road, crying into his hands.

The passerby's watched as their Yuvraj let go of all his proprietary and weeped in the middle of the road.

Short curt footsteps were heard and a hand was kept on his shoulder.

"Come son, we'll find her. " Called a controlled voice, as if it couldn't see the boy in such pain.

"No. I don't want to go till I find her. " He said, shoving the comforter' hand off.

"Prativindhy. Come up. " The well wisher hauled him up, hoping to get him inside.

"Nahi I - Fufashree? " He said surprised, looking up at a concerned Adam.

" Come inside. We need to talk. " He said, helping him back to the palace where a concerned Devika pulled him into a hug.

" Putr, where is my daughter in law? Where is my granddaughter? " She asked, cupping his face, as he hung it low.

Yudhishthir made his way to Adam, " Jijashree, where was ge? " He asked in a clipped voice, clearly trying to keep himself calm.

" Outside, he was sitting at the gates of the palace. I was truly concerned, until I saw him calling a name. "

" Thank you for bringing him in.. How is Jyeshtha? " He asked, trying to distract his mind with small talk.

" She's fine... Madirakshi has now begun to start walking, so Karunika has had to follow her around wherever she goes. " He smiled fondly.

" Arya! She's left! Claiming that she has no place beside a Yuvraj. " Devika called with grief and Yudhishthir's jaw hardened visibly.

"Sainik! " He shouted and a few soldiers collected next to him.

" Go find Yuvrani Charulata and bring her here with full respect. " He ordered and the others regained hope.

" But pitsdhree, she said -"

" Putr, she has taken my granddaughter away. Her personal choice to live away would still have been acceptable, if not reasonable, where we could have reached a negotiation. But she took Sanchita away. That is not acceptable and we will find her. She cannot vanish without reason. " He proclaimed, striding back into the palace.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

" Putr please eat something. " Devika urged and he refused, moving his head away.

"I'll eat when she returns. " He mumbled and Karenumati had had enough of his moping.

"Listen here. You should have brought her here the day you married. If she refused then you should have stayed there! Write a letter to us, called us but no! You left your pregnant wife there for your sister's wedding? How would that make any sense! " She told him with a stern look and his face visibly fell.

"Karenumati! " Devika said surprised .

"What? I'm not lying. " She answered back in an equally clipped tone.

"Kakishree, I understand your anger -"

"No you don't. Now eat food and go out to look for them yourself. Do what is needed and do right by them. " She blessed, sighing as her anger was abating.