ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟸𝟷 : ɪɴᴅʀ ᴅᴇᴠ ᴀɴᴅ ᴋᴀʀᴜɴɪᴋᴀ

"Why not Indr Dev? What is my fault? " Karunika asked, looking at him.

" I-" He couldn't say, as if bound by someone else's will to stay silent on the matter.

" Has my wife hurt you in some way? If so please forgive her, she never intended to. " Adam said, joining his hands, followed by Karunika.

" No. Not that. I cannot speak of it. " He said, even though he seemed distraught at the situation too.

" Devraj, I'll do the honours. " Moksh stepped in, while a confused Karunika stood by her daughter in law.

" Don't worry about it mata. I'm sure it's not your fault, but we shall wait for someone else to answer our question. " Alatakshi reassured her.

So they waited, for him to be greeted and have his food, before he retired into his chambers.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"Priye, I swear I didn't know. I'm sorry. " Adam said as soon as he walked into the room.

" The last time a brhamin dev was unhappy with my service, or unsatisfied, my brother Bheem was found alive. This time as well there might be some reason." She answered, hopeful.

" I know priye. We'll figure it out." He said, pulling her in a hug.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

𝕄𝕒𝕥𝕤𝕪𝕒

It had been nearly two and a half months to the blissful union of Uttar and Aahana. They truly were one soul and two bodies, for after sharing his soul, it seemed as if both parties had gained an

" Arya. What are we to do about the growing demand for more labour work in the mines? "

"Why? What seems to be the issue? "

"Well, there are more posts but equally less able bodies men. "

"What about women? "

"Not many are willing to work in the dark of the mines. "

" Alright, what about reserve guards? We have many of them don't we? "

"That seems like a probable decision. We'll talk to them . " She answered, as they wrote out a proposal to the mine superintendent and the sari senapati. (Chief commander of the army)

" What about us priye? Shall we also move towards the gardens now? "

" Always. " She said, smiling as they walked hand in hand.

" When do we celebrate your day of birth? "

" It was a few weeks after phalgun poornima.. In the next week or so. Why? "

"No reason. " He said, hiding a smile behind his hand.

" Right.... Shall we? " She asked, as they sat upon the horses brought out for them, rigmding into the sunset.

  ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

" Mata. Devraj Indr wants to speak to you. " Moksh said, walking into the gardens where his mother was collecting flowers for her Narayan poojan.