ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟹 : ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀs

Life had never been more exciting for Aahana and her family, as they prepared for her wedding. From the flower arrangements, to the days for the rituals, everything was hectic.

Adam and Karunika had handed the full responsibility of her wedding to Moksh and Nirmay, who took it up reluctantly, saying this would spoil their years of youth.....

They each had their ears pulled by their mothers and were made into chickens while their father had their favourite sweets in front of them.

All Sahdev's ideas mind you.

As Sahdev and Meenakshi went back to Hastinapur on political problems, even Adam and Karunika had their hands full.

With the  end of the war, there was an increasing number of food shortage, which lead to theivery. Theivery of food supplies. Even the incoming shipment from Matsya was unable to satisfy the demands of the public and it was becoming a big problem.

" Maharaj, yet again a news of theivery. Holding people in the prison for stealing food is unethical, but what else can we do? "

" I feel that we must distribute more food and hope for a higher harvest rate this season Maharani. "

" But that will increase and condone unemployment and greed amongst the people. We must offer them more jobs. Due to Yuvrani Aahana's wedding, we will have more requirements for people in the Mahal. Shouldn't we do so? What is your opinion Mahamantri Skandh? "

" I agree with Maharani Maharaj. Even if not for Kumari Aahana's wedding, there has been a shortage of guards after the war, as per Senapati Nirmay and the high maid, Padma has informed me that we need more women to attend to the gardens as well as the ladies of the court. Wives of the mantrigan. It is beneficial if we allow for more jobs. "

" Yes, but why will they do so, for lack of food to feed. We must pay them in gold and food, that is how people will agree. Maharani, Mahamantri, mantrigan, if we all agree, let us all increase the number of workers in the mahal and encourage their working times, so that they have food to eat as well. We ourselves will eat once a day, as husband and wife, so that the food can be distributed to the children. " Maharaj Adam ordered. He was regal in the sabha.

" Alright. This is then accepted. " Maharani Karunika said, as the sabha retired for the day.

Adam, tired of the workload held his head in his hand.

Karunika stood up,  held him by his hands and made him stand up, gently guiding them back to their rooms.

He lay on the bed, tired as she prepared the salve Sahdev had taught her for head aches.

" Arya, remove your hand. "

"No." He said, a pout on his face.

" Arya, don't be a child. Move your hand. "

" No Priye. It smells very strong. The oh strong fragrance I enjoy is the smell of your hair, drenched in the hypnotic smell of the chameli flowers... This is disgusting. " He said, scrunching his nose.

" But - ahh. " She exclaimed, as she was pulled down by the other hand to his chest.

" What are you upto? " She asked, laughing as he put her hair behind her ears.

" My only medicine is you. Now come, rest here. Your head on me is the best and only medicine I will ever need. Sleep. " He said, arranging her head, as she put her hand next to it. His head on hers.

Truly, the best medicine in the world is love.

     ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•