ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟸𝟶 : ᴏʟᴅ ᴀᴄᴏ̨ᴜɪᴛᴛᴀɴᴄᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ɪɴsᴇᴄᴜʀɪᴛɪᴇs

Vajji was getting ready to welcome their greatest guest.

" Karunika! Priye! Are we ready with the -"

"Haan haan Arya. I have asked both Alata and Shubhda to prepare the arti thali. You don't need to worry. " She reassured her husband, who smiled at her and then went to his children.

"Moksh, Nirmay did you -"

" Ji fufashree, we are prepared with the rooms for them. Don't you worry. Calm down. "

"I know it's just. I am truly very excited. "

"We understand Arya, but let excitement be excitement. Don't make it into madness. " Karunika laughed.

"Jyeshtha, do you like, keep these sentences stored in the back of your mind? You told us the same thing on bhrata Yudhishthir's yuvrajabhishek too. " Sahdev said, putting his head on his shoulder.

"Well, that day was one of the most eventful days of my life. "

" Then next day was better. Tell them."

"We know jijashree. It was the day she met you. Poor jyestha couldn't stop smiling all the way to varnavart. "

" You weren't supposed to speak of that! " Karunika yelled, blushing.

" Anyways, we'll discuss that later. As of now, I am very excited to welcome an old acquaintance of mine. " Adam said, the joy reflecting in his eyes.

"Who's that? "

" He's Devraj Indr. " Adam said proudly, while the others just looked at him with a questioning gaze.

" Pitashree, we never knew that you made a good comedian other than a good king. " Moksh said, while Nirmay let out a shaky laugh.

" I don't think he's joking, Moksh. " Nirmay whispered.

" Oh yes! You relieved them of their curse as a baby didn't you? Is that why they are coming? " Sahdev prompted.

" Yes, he is gracing us with our presence here in Vajji for the same. Housing the Devraj is no easy task, which is why I need all your help. "

" Don't worry bhratashree, I'll handle everything. " Meenakshi said, when Adam coughed into his hand," That's what I am afraid of. " Karunika just looked at her husband, amused. Does he want to die by his sister's hand.

" I won't leave you. All these years and you've still not changed have you Jyeshth! " She said, running, as she could behind him, while he hid behind his wife.

" Many years ago too, I helped my nanadshree, even today I'll help her only Arya. You made your bed now lay in it. " Karunika said, laughing as she moved away from between them, but Adam caught hold of her odhini which fell off her head.

Karunika glared at her husband in surprise, while Moksh, Nirmay and Sahdev averted their eyes, staring at the ceiling.

" You - I won't spare you. Sleep on the sofa in the room tonight. " She stormed off, while the others present their laughed till Adam slapped his son's forehead.

"Aah -pitashree, mata already has the routine to pull on my ears when she wants, now you too? "

" Should I call her back  ? "

"N-no. We're going. Alata? Come, I need to talk to you. " He said, grabbing his wife's hand who laughed at her husband's misery.

  ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Priye, while I understand it was not decent, you've never been this affected by your odhini falling. Is something wrong? "

" Why would you care? " She bristled, standing in the balcony, tears cascading down her pearlescent face.

**✿❀ 𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒 ❀✿**जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें