Asta needs no magic for Death Battle

Start from the beginning

Monika: Right, Asta has proven to be incredibly strong.

Monika: Asta is strong enough to fight and match Patri in battle, and Patri could cover the entire Clover Kingdom in a massive light spell. His power is comparable to Yuno's, whose clash with Rill destroyed an entire mountaintop. Asta can also be compared to Yami, who destroyed a seemingly endless dream dimension with a sword.

Junko: He destroyed a small moon larger than the entire Spade palace. He's even destroyed Lucifero's massive incarnation made of the Spade palace and hundreds of devils! Lucifero, himself, is powerful enough to end all of humanity!  He's taken hits from tons of heavy hitters, survived getting impaled on multiple occasions, and can move so fast that veterans mistake him for using amplification magic! Nope, that's just pure skill baby! Once you can dodge lasers in your sleep, you know you're doing something right!

Monika: Right, by this point there's no denying Asta's skill. 

Monika: While he isn't a super combat analyst by any means, Asta has shown a high level of combat intelligence. He's picked up many fighting styles from people he's fought with and against and has consistently used each fight to surpass his limits and better himself for the next challenge. This becomes extremely apparent during his fight with Liebe, where he shows off some combat techniques he picked up from Kiato, Fanzell Kruger, and Yami Sukehiro while having learned enough from fighting Patry and Mars to be able to avoid multiple manners of attacks.

Junko: Still, don't you think he's cheating with anti-magic?

Monika: Not necessarily. Anti-Magic is just his unique ability to nullify any and all magic through his Grimoire. Since he lacks magic himself, he can safely utilize the swords provided by this ability without having to worry about it draining his own magic. Other mages would otherwise lose magic incredibly fast, which if exposed for long enough, could hinder their stamina completely. Anti-Magic works similarly to a magical aura, helping him deal better with the temperatures of the interior of a volcano.

Junko: Yeah, Asta can negate magic to a significant extent. He can cut through magic spells and attacks, negate the effects produced by them, and lacking mana also means he can hang around with people who passively absorb mana. Later on, he could channel Anti-Magic through his own body to also nullify magic. A lot of this is from his Anti-Magic swords.

Monika: Right, Asta can summon swords infused with Anti Magic from his grimoire. He uses these swords for various offenses that can nullify magic. The swords can cut through magic but are reduced to blunt weapons when used to strike anything else.