"Mom..."

She looked at him.

"Why is my life so hard? What's my mistake? Why I'm leading a painful life?" he asked gulping down.

Ratna's eyes tear up. She hugged Arnav and cried. Arnav closed his eyes, gulping down. Composing herself, she cupped his face.

"Chotte... no one could deny your life is painful but I believe, all your struggles will be answered. All your struggles will soon come to an end..."

Arnav walked to his room silently. Ratna sat with the thud and cried.

"Hey, Devi Maiya... when will you hear my prayers? Should my son be struggling for his whole life? Won't you end them soon? I see many changes in my son... please don't disappoint us by snatching that from him. you know what's there in his heart. He never wished for anything... never liked anything... for the first time, he likes something... Please give him what he likes. He will break down if he doesn't get it... please don't disappoint him" She prayed sobbing.

...............

The term exams started. Fortunately, or unfortunately, Parthiban sat with Arnav on the same bench in the exam hall. He always would copy from the next person. Students who sat next to him would show him their answer papers because they were scared of Parthiban. No one dared to defy him but this time, Arnav dared. He hid this answer sheet well and wrote the exams. He didn't even look at Parthiban no matter how hard he tried to get his attention. That irked Parthiban.

After the Lunch Break

Parthiban came to Arnav who was having lunch with Khushi. Arnav looked at him and continued eating.

"Won't you look at me if I call you?" He asked.

"When did you call me?"

"Didn't I call you in the exam hall?"

"How could I look at you in the exam hall?"

"Leave it... from tomorrow, you should show your paper to me..."

"I don't like malpractice"

"Arnav... don't touch my wrong nerves"

"I'm also telling you the same. I'm doing my work without disturbing anyone... don't cross my path"

"Will you show me your answer sheet or not?"

"Why should I show you? Did I study hard to show you my paper in the exams? If you want to pass the examination, do it on your own... stop threatening me. Your threat will do nothing with me"

Throwing a glare, he left the place.

"Waahh, Arnie... you becoming a hero nowadays...!" Khushi chuckled.

Arnav ate smilingly.

They finished eating.

"Khushi, I will just come," Arnav said and went out.

Khushi thought he was going to the restroom but she frowned to see him going to the staff room. What was he doing there? She ran to him and stood a little aloof, seeing their professor coming towards Arnav.

"Tell me Arnav..."

"Sir, I'm unable to sit in the last exam... that's your subject..."

"Oh... why?"

"There is an important family event in Coimbatore, sir. Will you allow me to write the exam the next day?"

The professor became thoughtful.

"If it's so, I will give you a different question paper"

"No problem sir..."

"Ok... as you are the TOPPER of your class, I will give you the chance. Use it well..."