6 - Encounter

She’s been uneasy since they’ve arrived at the grand ball where the party was taking place. Everyone looked classy… elegant… and poised. Talking in hush tones and laughed discreetly. She saw some familiar faces… those who’re friends with her family, and those that were her companies’ competition.

This was the world she was born into… and she was used to this kind of crowd. What was bothering her was the thought of her bumping into HIM again.

“Ash… wag masyado. Halata eh” whispered her mom. She turned to her questioningly.

“You’re nervous” said Charlene and smirked “You’re playing with your lips again…”

Sarah smiled. What would she do without her gorgeous mother beside her?

“We’ll leave as soon as we can… promise” added Mrs. Tua and winked. Christopher went behind her and wrapped his arm around his wife’s waist.

“What are my two favorite ladies talking about?” he asked cheerfully.

Sarah shrugged her shoulders “Menstruation daddy…” she casually said “wanna join?”

Her dad made a face which made her and her mom laugh.

“Yuck…” he blurted “Let’s just go to our seats… your brother’s giving his speech soon”

Instantly, Sarah’s smile faded away. Charlene saw her change of expression so she held her daughter’s arm and pulled her to their table. “It’ll be over soon… then we could go” she whispered and took her seat.