In the Sand: Part 2

When Cody and Lucien left the changing area, the girls were already outside waiting for them. All three girls were wearing their respective swimwear and armed with their gear. Pearl's attire was only a simple black tank top paired with dark gray gym shorts, black sandals with thick soles and white straps, and her visor. Lynn wore a lavender-colored full-body bathing suit with brown sandals, and her hair was in a low braid. Her sniper rifle was in a holster dangling from her back like a backpack. As for Tilly, she wore a bubblegum-pink tankini with the bottom part of her apparel looking more like a skirt that faded to a glittery red, red flip-flops, and her blonde hair was tied into a high ponytail with a red scrunchie. Around her waist was a utility belt that held her dual chainsaws.

After putting their duffle bags back in the van, the five quietly sat on a nearby bench and waited for Scott and Mia to arrive. But as they waited, the silence was broken when Tilly hung her head and let out a groan.

"What's wrong? Does your head still hurt?" Lynn asked.

"No, I'm just bored," Tilly replied, still looking down. "I was about to reach for my phone to play a game or watch a video, but I realized I put it in my duffle bag."

"So did I," Pearl said.

"I think we all put our phones in our bags," Lucien said.

The group fell silent again before Cody remarked, "Xander was right about Haven Beach being a nice place. It's peaceful and beautiful, not to mention the Eldritch we should be hunting soon."

Lucien chuckled, "It is nice here, and it's gonna be that way again as soon as we take care of the Eldritch."

"Speaking of, what kind of Eldritch do you guys think we'll be facing?" Tilly asked.

"Hopefully not a Crab Eldritch," Pearl replied with crossed arms.

"Do you not like crabs, Pearl?" Cody asked curiously.

"At thirteen years old, I got pinched by a crab at a grocery store. I didn't want to go near one ever since."

"Oh. Well, if it makes you feel less alone, I don't like squirrels."

The others furrowed their eyebrows at Cody.

"You don't like squirrels?" Lynn raised an eyebrow.

"I..." Cody winced. "Let's just say that I don't have any good memories with squirrels."

Suddenly, the squad perked their heads up at the sound of an approaching vehicle. They all looked up to see another teal van enter the parking lot before stopping next to a sidewalk. Immediately knowing who was in there, the five looked at each other and nodded. They stood from the bench and approached the van, waiting for someone to come out. Soon enough, the doors opened and Scott and Mia emerged from the vehicle all clad in swimwear themselves. Scott donned sapphire-blue trunks, square sunglasses, black sandals, and an open white button-up shirt; on his wrists were his gauntlets. Next to him, Mia wore a black full-body bathing suit that only had a right strap and a sparkly red diamond-like pattern going down to her hips, a black sun hat, dark red flip-flops, and a teal sarong that reached her calves. Over the sarong was a belt with holsters that held a pistol on her right side and spare ammunition on her left.

"Hello, Squad Nanami," Scott said in a peppy tone. "Welcome to Haven Beach!"

"Yeah, we know where we are, thank you," Lucien deadpanned before being nudged by Lynn.

"Scott, Mia, you two look great," Cody remarked at the two Slayers' outfits.

"Why, thank you, Cody. This is one of my favorites." Mia smiled down at her swimsuit. She looked back at the squad and said, "You all look good yourselves, especially you, Tilly. That color suits you."