DEA Academy

The Raven opened his eyes as he felt the sun's light land on his face. Then, he took a deep breath and slowly sat up, and turned his head to a window on his left. It has been a year since the Raven was found by Scott and his team. A year since he decided to leave the town and come with them to Morningstar City. A year since he chose to become a Slayer to prevent other tragedies. A year since Cody died. A year since the Raven ate him and physically became Cody. A lot has happened to the Raven this past year and it had been what humans liked to call a rollercoaster.

When the Raven was first brought to Morningstar City, he was immediately overwhelmed by the new environment. The sounds of honking cars and the large crowds of people frightened him to the point where he wanted to go back. However, Scott and the others consoled him and brought it upon themselves to make sure he was emotionally well. But since it was the Christmas season at the time, the city was decorated with beautiful and colorful lights and a tall tree that stood at the center of it. The Raven found comfort in those as well as the upbeat music being played and the delectable treats sold in the streets. There was even a moment when he got separated from the group of Slayers, but they eventually found him standing near the big Christmas tree, as it was called.

For the time being, Scott decided to be the one to take the Raven to his apartment, where he was currently settled. While he lived there, Rich and Heather would be the ones to educate him while Evan, Mia, and Scott trained him in combat. From Rich, the Raven learned how to read, write, and speak while Heather taught him math and basic manners. Evan would take him on weekly jogs around Morningstar City and Scott and Mia would take him to the gym. During those times, the Raven adapted quickly to everything from his new home to all that he learned from the five Slayers. He was even able to transform both his hands into talons thanks to them.

As soon as the Raven completed his education and combat training, it was time for him to register into DEA Academy, a school established by DEA to train the next generation of Slayers. However, he needed an identity to get in, so Scott asked him questions about who the Raven devoured when he was an Eldritch. With his new ability to verbally communicate, he told him about Cody and explained their friendship back when he was alive. Once he was finished, Scott suggested the Raven to take his late friend's name so he can honor his memory. And thus, his new human identity, Cody Byrd, was made.

Suddenly, the Raven--no--Cody Byrd was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard a knock on the door.

"Cody, time to get up! Today's the big day!" Scott's voice was heard from the other side.

Cody raised both his eyebrows and he yanked the blanket off his body. After all, today was the day he would go and attend DEA Academy. Once he exited his bedroom, he made his way to the dining room, where he found Scott placing a plate of food on the table. It wasn't long until the blue-haired man looked up and noticed him standing far from the dining room.

"Morning, bud," Scott said with a grin. Then, he gestured at him and continued, "Come and sit down. I made breakfast."

Cody obeyed and sat himself down to find a plate of scrambled eggs and three strips of bacon in front of him. Picking up a fork, he stabbed at one of the bacon strips, breaking a small piece off it. With a grunt, he used his fingers to hold the small bacon piece and popped it into his mouth. Cody chewed on the bacon piece and swallowed it before he stabbed at the eggs with his fork. Meanwhile, Scott joined him at the table with his respective plate of bacon and eggs in one hand and a mug of hot coffee in the other.

"So, how did you sleep?" Scott asked as he sipped some of his coffee.

"I slept well, I guess," Cody answered. "Though, I did see another memory last night."

"The real Cody's memory?" Scott put his mug down and began to eat his breakfast.

"Yeah."

One time, Cody asked Heather about what happens after the Turning. She answered by telling him that Eldritch who experienced the Turning will slowly obtain the memories of the human they ate. While living under Scott's roof, Cody had been seeing recollections of his late friend's childhood. One by one, he learned more about Real Cody as well as the names of the orphans he lived with: Porsha, Nina, Hunter, Matt, Arlene, Jake, Emir, Sierra, Tammy, and Bobby. Seeing those children in Real Cody's memories made the Eldritch-turned-human feel as if he knew them as well.