Chapter 16: New Face on The Edge

Chaos's POV

It's been about a month since I've visited the Edge. During that time, I've been working around Ignis island and taking out dragon hunting camps. It was peaceful without the Riders, and yet I still wanted to see them. Part of me hated that I had gotten attached to humans again, but another part of me was happy. Happy that I now had friends that I could trust. Heck, Hiccup knew more about me and my past than anyone in the world.

After destroying a particularly big dragon hunting camp, I decided to head to Dragon's Edge. Hiccup would want to know about the hunters whereabouts, and I was bored. When I got there, the island was dark except for the Clubhouse. I figured something important was going on, so I just landed outside and walked in. The table and floor were covered in scrolls, and everyone was too busy reading to notice me.

"Uh, wow. Those are some depressing Terror mails. I may need a mace to the head just to cheer me up." Ruff said.

"On it!" Her brother yelled, pulling out a random mace and running over to his sister.

Ruffnut didn't flinch. She just grabbed the mace before it hit her and looked at her brother, "Metaphorically speaking!"

"What did I miss?" I asked, getting everyone's attention.

"Chaos, how long have you been here?" Hiccup asked.

"A good few minutes, now, someone answer me please." I said, crossing my arms.

"You remember Heather?" Astrid asked, and I replied with the 'so so' motion, "Well Fishlegs has been corresponding with her."

"Ok?" I asked, a bit confused, "Wait, you're telling me you haven't heard from her since the Viggo bullshit?"

"Ya, that's why everyone's making a fuss." Hiccup said.

"These letters also don't sound like her. She seems worried and confused." Astrid added.

"Think about everything she's been through." Fishlegs explained, "The only family she ever knew, gone. Then being out there, alone, by herself."

"And lest we not forget, or forget finding out her brother is one Dagur the Deranged." Tuff added.

I turned to Hiccup, who shook his head. This told me he hadn't told the others about the Dagur thing, and he wanted it to stay that way. I personally didn't care if the others knew or not, but I wasn't saving Hiccup when it came back to bite him in the ass.

"Yeah. I can't say I'd feel any different in her shoes." Hiccup said, snapping me from my thoughts.

"Shoe. Because you... Never mind." Snotlout said, before turning back to the letter he was holding.

"Hey, Heather's risked her life to fight with us. She's helped us save countless dragons. She's the closest thing to actually being one of us, other than Chaos of course." Fishlegs said, and I just shrugged, "It just seems like we should do something to help."

"Well, hey, what about making her one of us? Ask her to be a Dragon Rider." Hiccup suggested.

"Oh, Hiccup, I think asking Heather to join the Riders would be amazing. Besides, the Nadder migration will be coming through here again and Windshear could be a huge help." Fishlegs agreed.

"Well, I think it's a terrible idea. An awful, dreadful, unfathomable idea." Tuff said dramatically.

"Very funny. We're trying to have a serious conversation here." Astrid reminded him.

"So am I. Look, you don't just get to be a Dragon Rider. I'm surprised you didn't know that." Tuff argued, "We've spent the last five years fighting the nastiest, smelliest, most disgusting and often insane dragons out there. How many times have we almost gotten killed doing it?"