Chapter 14: The Scourge

(Though this song fits the chapter best. ^)

Cyra/Chaos's POV

The ocean and sea stakes rushed past me as Star Gazer flew at top speed. I had on tightly to her saddle as the Star Fury continued to do crazy stunts that would make any person puke. After a few minutes, Star Gazer came down from her energy rush and assumed a gentle glide.

Adrenaline still going through my veins, I layed back and laughed, "Damn, that was fun. It's been a while since we were able to go for a joy flight." Star Gazer grumbled in agreement.

Suddenly Star Gazer's head fins shot up as she noticed something below us. Confused, I rolled on to my side and looked down to see a ship. From the looks of it, it was a fishing boat, but there was no one on it. It was completely abandoned.

"Weird." I muttered before turning to Star Gazer, "You wanna check it out?"

Although she seemed hesitant, Star Gazer flew down and landed onto the ship. Up close, the ship was fucking creepy. A light fog surrounded the ship, and the only noise was the wooden deck creaking underneath me and Star Gazer. Even the sea had gone silent. Suddenly I was overwhelmed with a feeling of fear. I needed to leave, and now.

"Nope, fuck this shit." I said, turning around towards Star Gazer, "I'm out."

I turned around to leave when suddenly the eerie silence was broken by a painful moan. I spun around, looking for what could have made the noise. Everything was still, and I soon realized that the noise came from below deck. Now the feeling was practically screaming at me, warning me of danger. I wanted to listen to it and fly out of here as fast as possible, but something stopped me. The moan ment that there was someone on this ship, alive. I couldn't leave them.

"Just a look." I muttered, walking towards the hatch that led below.

I grabbed a nearby piece of scrap wood and held it out for Star Gazer to ignite. Once I had my light source, I ordered Star Gazer to stand guard and made my way in. Even with the makeshift torch, it was still hard to see. Not wanting to say very long, I quickly looked around for any signs of movement. The area looked abandoned, just like above deck.

"Great, so this place is haunted." I muttered, "No thank you."

I turned tail to leave when suddenly there was another moan and something grabbed onto my arm. I screamed in horror as I saw the pale green skin of the hand. Its yellow and brown nails dig into my skin, drawing blood. Reacting on instincts, I throw my torch at the arm, causing it to let go. As soon as I was free, I ran out and jumped onto Star Gazer's back. Thankfully, the dragon wasted no time flying out of there and putting as much distance between us and the ship as possible.

After a few minutes, my nerves calmed a bit and I was able to think straight. I needed to tell someone what I found. And besides, after that, I didn't want to be alone on Ignis island.

"Let's go to the Edge," I told Star Gazer, "Maybe the riders might have some ideas on what I saw."

It didn't take long for us to reach the Edge. Maybe it was because Star Gazer was worried, and wanted to get me help as soon as possible. When we got there, I immediately made my way to the club house, hoping someone would be in there.

"Deathsong amber, hammered thin," I heard someone say as I turned the corner, "This is strong enough to stare into the eyes of a Flightmare."

I saw Hiccup was the one talking as he handed a pair of goggles to Fishlegs, who was standing next to him. In front of them, Toothless's tail was laying on the table, with Toothless nearby.

"Fascinating." Fishlegs commented as he put the goggles on.

I quickly turned away as Toothless fired at the metal, welding it together. Fishlegs, on the other hand, was able to look directly into the flames and leave with his eyes intact. Fishlegs bounced around and geeked out as he handed the goggles back to Hiccup.