16. You're All I Have...

A knock on the door brings him back to the present. Rafay opened his eyes and saw Meer still sleeping with his head on his lap. Sitting down straight, He removed the ice pack from his aching spots. And pecked his brother's head, no matter how old he gets he will remain his first baby.

"Come in" He said while unlocking the door with the button beside the hospital bed "Good afternoon, Sir!" Rafay nodded when the nurse greeted him entering.

But sighed, whining inwardly seeing the tray in the nurse's hand containing shots of Meer's next dose of medicine.

Closing his eyes he took a very deep breath to prepare himself for what's coming next and glanced at his calm boy who was taking his 5th nap of the day not having a slightest idea of what's going to happen in a bit.

He has the idea that these shots are gonna hurt so bad and he will feel the pain as it is, cus he is now in his full senses and not high on pain medications as he was for the past 2 days... but it's important for his recovery.

Meer was lying on his side, so biting his lip, Rafay removed the blanket and clutching both of his hands, hugged him like that when the nurse adjusted his clothes and after wiping the spot, administered the first shot.

Meer yelped in sleep on the sharp prick and clenched Rafay's hand, confused by the sudden pain. "Relax, bus aik second mera baby" Rafay pecked his fingers to divert his attention but Meer let out a cry in sleep when the nurse pushed the plunger and he felt the burning medicine entering his body.

"Ahh!! Rafay!!..." He called out in pain while trying to move his leg to let go of the pain but the pain worsened upon moving, He opened his eyes and looked up at Rafay who was caressing his head trying to sooth him.

"Rafay dard ho raha hai, please tell him to stop... Ahh!!" He tried to plead but yelped and tightened his hold on Rafay's hand when the medicine stings badly. "Ye konsa injection hai yar!..." he asked, clenching his jaw,

"Bus meri jaan, jo bhi tha bus hugya, I know it's painful, take deep breaths and count to 10, tab tak khatam ho jayega" Rafay attempted to coax him who looked up to glare at him but failed and whimpered.

For the next 10 seconds, He stayed still clenching his jaw, trying to bear the never-ending pain but hissed when the nurse pulled the needle out and took a sharp breath in when He pressed the freshly stabbed spot with a cotton and rubbed it.

But to his shock, after a moment of rubbing the injection site the nurse rubbed the alcohol swab again on the spot a little away from the previous one, He looked up at Rafay with widened eyes who bit his lips and set the hair strands on his forehead.

"Rafay.. Nahi!! Please Nahi! Mana karo ise please" he tried to wriggle out of his embrace but gritted his jaw giving him a betrayed look,

When Rafay tightened his hold around him, locking his every movement "Bus aik aur hai meri jaan, relax!" He whispered, gently stroking his hair.

Meer let out a frustrated grunt "Rafay!!" and punched his leg, "I swear I'll kill you" but then let out a sharp hiss and instinctively tried to pull away from the injection as the nurse jabbed the next needle in, but Rafay didn't let him move an inch.

Each injection felt twice as painful now since he was getting them three times a day, along with the others.

"Ahhh!!!" He yelled, grimacing and stiffened his body when the medicine entered in the muscle and it hurt like thousand needles stabbing him at once, clutching Rafay's hand, Meer hid his face in it and hissed.

"Muscles are tense, sir!" The male nurse cued Rafay while stopped pushing the plunger as it will hurt more with the tense muscles.

Rafay nodded at the nurse and kissed Meer's temple, lightly stroking his hair "Bachay please relax yourself! Thora sa?... For rafay?" He whispered in his ear, making him relax but whined annoyingly "I hate you!!"