“This, us, a lot of things.” I said truthfully.

“Well, until Elarian kidnaps me again, we have to make the best of it.” He said as his hand came up to brush a few strands back.

“She's doing it in a way that we don't know where she'll come from next.” I said, more to myself than to him.

“The first time, after we mated, and I woke up at that place. The second time, she drugged me, or was that the third I don't even know.” He said softly.

“She's not making direct contact with us. She's sending Kian, and since he can look like whoever he wants, it doesn't even help.”

“I don't wanna talk about them. Let's talk about us. Pups, huh?” He said, smiling at me, his big blue eyes staring into my soul.

“Yeah,”

“Are you excited?”

“Yes and No. I'm very much excited to meet them, and I hope they look exactly like you, but on the other hand, I didn't want them to be born in this situation.” I said, and he frowned.

“They'll be fine, I'll protect them with my life, and I know you'll do the same. Eros and Cassius, too.” He rubbed his thumb across my cheek, and I smiled.

“Until then, girl or boy?”

“It doesn't matter.” I told him, and he hummed.

“If you say so.”

“What did you love most about your pack?” I asked him, and he paused his eyes, going upwards while he thought.

“I don't know, maybe my best friend and my parents they were always there for me no matter what. I never had much of a pack if you asked me. It was more of a pack, but we were just spectators.” He explained.

“Would you go back?”

“No, if it was a good experience, then yeah, sure, but for now, no.” he said.

“I say once they are born and we get rid of Elarian, we leave all of this behind.” I said, and he blinked at me.

“Why would we leave? Didn't you make this as a safe place?”

“I did, but that was for Koa, I want somewhere different for us to be safe. All of us and this place is already tainted.”

“Okay.” He removed his hand from my face and lifted his pinky to me, which I looked at.

“Once everything is all calm and the pups are born, we'll leave this all behind and start new.” He said, and I smiled at him before linking my pinky with his.

Mizuki snickered and leaned his forehead against mine with his eyes closed.

“Where would we go?” He asked.

“I don't know, when we reach that bridge, we'll cross it.” I told him, and he nodded.

“You know what I find weird?”

“What?”

“The fact that you guys don't use phones here. Do you even know what that is?”

“Of course I know what a phone is-”

“Then why haven't I seen any here?”

“We don't need them.” I said.

“You guys have cars, but not phones make it make sense.” He said, looking me dead in the eye.

“You're not supposed to have access to your powers yet still your hair is turning white make it make sense.” I replied, and he instantly touched his hair.