FORTY ONE

A few months later...

Mizuki

"What are you doing?"

"Farming, what does it look like I'm doing?" I replied and continued to dig the dirt.

I had a lot to do here to make this like home again, not only have I cleaned the entire house, I also asked Mylo to go into town and get paint so we could paint the house and the rooms a different colour.

I've been up and on my feet every single day, finding any and everything to keep me at peace and happy.

I was happy, though. Sage was alright. She was growing strong and healthy. Mylo had told me she was going to lack one of the basic abilities, but it was probably still too early to find out, so for now, she was alright.

I oftentimes wondered what the other two were like were they boys or girls or a mix of both. I still had no clue. I didn't even know if they had names, but I hoped he would name them.

My dad's old pineapple field was gone, and I was determined to fix it and bring it back to where it was before.

A lot has changed around the pack, and still, I've never brought myself to visit it. I just sent Mylo into town, or I would go but hide myself.

I had no clue if Kalex was still the Alpha of the pack, but I wasn't going to risk It by showing my face.

Dead man walking.

"Seriously, you're getting all dirty now and for what?" Rhys said, sitting down a few feet away from me with one hand over his eyes looking at me.

"For pineapples, and when they grow, you're not getting any." I said, and he huffed, turning his face away from me, then I returned back to what I was doing.

"Is Mylo back?" I asked.

"No."

I hummed, getting up from the pile of dirt, rubbing my hands together to get rid of some of the dirt.

Maybe I should've gone into town with him.

"Do you think I should've gone with him?" I asked Rhys, and he shrugged.

Mate of the year, everyone.

I sighed, resting my hands on my hips and looking off towards the road.

If he wasn't back in a few minutes, I'd go look for him.

I looked back at the field, I think I did a good day's work so I can resign for the day and go be with Sage just until Mylo comes back with the paint and then I can start painting her room, which was my parents' old room.

It was hard to say that I didn't miss them because I truly did but at the same time it felt as if they were still here with me and I just hoped that they were proud of who I became over the past...Year?

I still had no clue how old I was.

I was eighteen when I went to Oridian, turned nineteen there, and now I was awaiting my twentieth birthday. However, on earth, it was different. I was probably like twenty something but oh well I'll choose the younger age.

"Mizuki take her. She's crying. I can't stand it." I heard Kian exit the house with Sage in his arms, crying up a storm. She tends to cry louder than most young pups, and that makes me worry.

I walked up to them, "Can't my hands are dirty, but I can do this." I pecked her chubby cheeks twice, and she turned towards me, giving me a gum filled smile.

"That's all it took, you should've told me." Kian said as he started to sway her in his arms, making sure to keep a sturdy hand on her back.

"Mylo still isn't back yet, so I will have to go into the town to find him."