|40| The master play

Start from the beginning

I would kill for a glass of wine right now, especially while watching the sunset. After hours of working under bright white lights, I honestly can't think of anything better to do.

"Sounds good." Russo simply nods.

He is not very talkative, which I'm guessing has to be with the little number I pulled on him at lunchtime. Believe it or not, I didn't really plan it, I was actually trying on some of the pieces the brand I modeled for today sent me and then the idea just came to me. I don't know what I thought I would get out of it, I guess I just wanted to fuck with his head. Play with him the way he played me, acting like he wanted me to then push me away.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't understand how complicated the situation between us was. That if something happened between him and I we would be crossing every line of professionalism and that he could lose his job, but I honestly thought we were past that after the way we danced at the beach club, or the way he held me in the water. You can't do the things he did or say the things he said and then back away like that. Especially not saying I was imagining things and that he never wanted it. Wanted me.

He played me. And a mature person would probably try to move on but I'm not that mature.

"I'm going to sit by the bar. You stay on that table there and try not to be too much of a creep please." I tell Miles and I walk away making my way into the bar area that's directly in front of the railing that faces the ocean. "Red wine, the best one you have got." I smile at the bartender.

It's truly beautiful out here. The sun setting over the ocean, the light reflecting on the deep blue water. I have always wanted to live by the beach, at least for a while, leave the city behind. I actually asked my mother about moving to LA once but she quickly told me there was no way we would move here. She hates LA, she is a New York woman through and through, and since she is also my manager, I didn't have any other option but to comply. I don't mind New York and Jesse is there so, it could be worse.

"Whiskey, neat." I hear a deep slightly rough man's voice come from my right and I can't help but look that way while also taking the first sip of my wine. "Long day?" The question pops out naturally however the thirty-something-year-old man sitting right beside me didn't seem to expect it.

"You could say so." He replies a little confused but giving me a polite smile nonetheless at the same time he takes me in. "What about you?" He glances at my wine glass.

"You could say so," I repeat what he said while smirking, which makes him lose the polite smile for an amused one.

He is dressed in a very expensive-looking dark navy suit, tie included. His black hair is slicked back to perfection and he carries what appears to be a very well-maintained short stubble. And if my gut is right, which it usually is, he can't be more than thirty-five and he probably works in law.

"Model?" He asks before I can and I nod.

"Law?" I follow and this time he is the one to nod.

"Is it that easy to tell?" We both say at the same time, a laugh following right after.

"The tie at eight in the evening while sitting down on a rooftop bar gave it away," I explain, pointing at his blue dotted tie.

"The billboard with your face right across the street gave it away." He says smiling once again as he points at a building in the distance. I didn't even notice that was there.

"That's cheating." I joke, looking into his eyes. They are green. Really similar to Miles' but somehow not even half as pretty, they lack that warmth Russo's eyes have.

Gianna, stop it.

"Is it?" The unknown green-eyed man shrugs his shoulders also looking into my eyes.