♔17. HOMECOMING

Start from the beginning

"You're making breakfast?" She asked excitedly.

I couldn't take my eyes off her as she walked over to the glass dining table before taking a seat. She winced as she sat down before looking up up at me shyly.

"Are you okay, baby?" I questioned her.

She looked down at her hands before biting her lip. "Yeah, I'm just a little...sore."

My lips began to curl in a prideful smirk but I fought it.

"—But I guess that's what I get for being mates to a powerful man with a very powerful libido."

I let out a dark chuckle before turning over to the calico pepper frittata that was already beginning to lift.

"Let me make it better," I said gently. "I am making frittata."

"It smells so delicious." She hummed. "Who taught you how to cook?"

"My mom." I answered.

I turned around once again to face her. She looks at me with an embarrassed look sucking her bottom lip.

"I know I look like a lunatic right now." She murmured. "I was gonna straighten my hair this morning but—"

"Don't." I cut her off automatically causing her eyes to stare in slight confusion. I chuckled before rubbing the back of my neck. "That wasn't a order—whatever you do with your hair is up to you...I just find your curls very beautiful."

She smiled softly at me. Her brown eyes watching me tenderly.

"Why? They are a lot of work." She humorously remarked.

"Cause I like the way the curls feel in my hands," I muttered darkly reminiscing last night, playing back the way I got her to lose herself in my hands.

That gorgeous hair—my hands around every strand I could fit in my grip.

Pulling...tugging

Her mouth parts before she looked to the floor.

I know I was teasing her but she was fascinating to observe. This reserved woman in front of me was not the same women who I had laid with the previous night.

Her duality was intriguing to me.

I turned back to the skillet on the stove. It was ready. I turned the stove off before cutting the frittata and using a spatula to put a good sized piece in a plate for Brielle. I sat the plate down in front of her, and she looks at it with a look of surprise. She picks up the fork next to her plate and takes a bite and she hummed in delight.

"Oh, f*ck." she said. "This is good."

I watched her eat for a few seconds a smile plastered on my face. I made a plate for myself before sitting down across from her. We sat in silence and ate for a few minutes before Brielle breaks it with an inquiry.

"Legend," She said, her eyes looking at me anticipatingly. "I wanted to ask if it was okay for my boss—former boss Mandy to come to the pack later today for a meeting with me? I understand with all the press that's been trying to enter your lands, you've been even stricter on guests..."

I chewed my food before thinking to myself for a few seconds. My gaze shifts to her and I watched as she plays with her the small remnants of her food in her plate with her fork.

I had claimed Brielle in every way to be mine. She was now not just mine but she was also the future Alpha queen of the United Packs of Elefthería—so that made her the world's. She would never work a normal job again. In fact, it would be my duty to be sure that she would never stress in her newly acquired title.