Part 34

Author : Me

Note : Sorry I know this whole part is just one scene...

Word count : 1804

Date posted : 4.24.24

--

*Later that night at the bar*

"I have something to show you" Felicity quickly pulled out this small box from her purse. 

I leaned in the see what she was showing me. She opened the box showing these bright blue clear bottles. "Now what is that?" I asked extremely curious. 

She smiled at me "Well I figured out a serum, I know you speedsters can't get drunk so I was hopping this will help with that." 

"Whattt how did you-" I was in shock "Wait okay so this will make me drunk?" 

"Yea your body won't just burn it up, it actually has a cold compound in it so it slows down your cells. They wont be able to just burn off the drink." She explained. 

"Oh Cisco tried to make this once but we never really had anytime to finish it, that is crazy" Barry reached over and grabbed a clear tiny bottle inspecting it closely.

I watched him and looked back at Felicity. "I love this idea but who is gonna get every one home?" 

"Yeah Dig doesn't like drinking in bars so he's gonna be the one" Felicity reassured me "Come on have some fun in your life, your only twenty four" 

I sighed looking at Barry who was extremely excited. "Fine, but only tonight because I really want a drink that will affect me"  

She handed me one, just then a round of shots came for Felicity and Oliver. Barry opened his I did the same with mine, "To Barry and Thea" Oliver put his shot glass up. 

We all did the same, I looked at Barry one more time. When he shot it down, I did the same. It had been forever sense I had that feeling and gosh it hurt but felt so good. Barry put his bottle back on the table, scrunching his eyes shut. "God.." I heard him groan under his breath. 

I didn't respond the the noise, but it definitely did something to me. I looked at Felicity "How many of those do you have again?" 

She smiled placing her empty shot glass on the table "Two more for each of you" 

Oliver laughed beside her, finding it funny I asked her that question. I turned back to Barry, "You down for a second round?" I asked him. 

He looked at me confused "Second round?" He had to clear his throat "I'm good for now, it still burns." 

I bite my lip trying to feel the stinging "It isn't THAT strong" 

He coughed and looked up at me "Maybe it isn't for you because you have more of the speed force in you" He suggested 

I shrug and rubbed his hand on the table "Maybe"

He pulled his hand back and lowered his voice "Hey I have to tell you a secret" He leaned closer to me.

I did the same to hear his quiet voice over the loud music. "What?" 

"I think your the prettiest girl here" He tucked a piece of hair behind my ear when the crowd caught his attention "Let's go dance, come on" 

He stood up, confused on what foot stepped first. I tapped on Felicity's arm "Barry want's to go dance!" She just gave me a thumbs up, as Barry started laughing as we stood there trying to figure out his footing "Here follow me" I stepped in front of him walking toward the crowd, keeping my hand tightly to his, not wanting to loose him. The drink has already affected him, which I found crazy.