Part 16

Author : Me 

Note : A bit sad 

Word count : 1593

Date posted : 3.30.24

--

***

"Thea, it will be okay" My mom stood there in front of me tears falling from her eyes but a small smile still on her face. "It's okay" 

I looked around me, I was in a black room again. I looked up at my mom "I tried, I tried so hard" I ran into her arms again. 

She rubbed my head holding onto my shoulder "Shh" She shushed me trying to calm me down "It's okay, Thea" 

I looked up to her "How did I not die?" 

She closed her eye's "Your friend's saved you"  She whimpered still holding onto me.

"How bad is it?" I asked her scared for the pain I would have to deal with. 

I heard her sigh "Um, it could've been worse. Definitely."  

I felt my eyes watering just thinking about what went down "I trusted him, I put all those lives in danger because I trusted the wrong guy" 

She stayed quiet for a second before talking "None of this is on you"

I pulled out of the hug and looked at her confused "It is!" I felt tears rolling down my cheek and I brushed them off. 

"It is not Thea, we made a mistake to by not realizing the danger we put you in" She told me staying stern with her words "You must go back, you can't stay here long. Because if you do Barry and every speedster will loose their powers."

I scoffed at her "Is that not a good thing?" 

She just shook her head "It's an awful thing. Central City can't live without the Flash and Speedy, and you'll be fully healed in two weeks your speed healing will go a bit faster."

My eyes traveled to my feet, I wanted to give up. "I don't think I can" 

She gently grabbed my shoulders "You can Thea, we all believe in you. Just close your eyes." 

I hesitantly nodded and closed my eyes. After a second of blackness, all the pain I felt before came back to me. And I wanted it all gone. I opened my eyes, seeing the med lab ceiling. 

***

"Thea?" Barry asked me, he was standing up with his hands behind his head. 

I looked at him sitting up slightly before feeling a burning pain in my back and I laid back down wincing  "I'm okay"  

He rushed over to me looking down "Thea, I'm so sorry I wasn't there" 

I shook my head but stopped when I felt all my muscles tighten "It isn't your fault, you didn't even know I left" 

His face was red and puffy "Yeah, but I should've known-" 

I touched his hand that was next to his side, grabbing his attention "Barry they said I'll be fine in like two weeks, my speed healing's going to go a bit faster than usual."

"They?" He was so confused

I sighed, I would have to tell him eventually. Now was the perfect time. "Barr I need to tell you something, something really important" 

He moved to the chair next to my bed, watching me, waiting for a answer. 

"It's the speed force" I breathed calming myself but he was still confused "You know how the speed force is your, almost your battery, like it's the reason you have speed right?" I kept stuttering not being able to get the right words out. I took a couple breaths and started up again "I don't just use the speed force, I'm a part of the speed force." I paused again "I am the reason the speed force is here."