Chapter 1

Start writing your story

As the heavy rain and the growl of the thunder roared through the cold dark and gloomy walls, Everly hid in the bedroom closet as Ryker tried to make his way to her in a drunken rage. Fear knocked on her panic heart as she held her hands over her mouth trying to hold back tears and stay silent as much as possible. She balled up in the corner as much as she could with the clothes hanging over her.

"EVERLY"! He yelled out. "Come out, come out, wherever you are"! He slammed the doors and knocked over everything within his path as he continued with his manhunt. The unexpected roar of the thunder caught her off guard causing her to gasp which caught Ryker's attention. He slowly walked into the bedroom and sat his whiskey bottle down and began to scan the room.

He stood in the middle of the floor and looked towards the closet door. He walked over to the door and swung it open. Everly jumped as he pushed the clothes back and took a handful of her hair, pulling her out the closet.

"No, no. Please let me go"! She cried out as she held on to his hands while he gripped harder. He pulled her up to her feet and looked into her eyes.

"I told you. Till death do us part". And with those words, Everly saw black.